Please read these Terms of Services (the “Agreement” , “Terms”, “Terms of Services” or “Terms and Conditions”) carefully before using the Indie CG (Indie Collab Games) Services (collectively “Indie CG” or the “Services”) offered by Indie CG (“we,” “us,” “our,” and “Indie CG”).
Indie CG is a platform to bringing people and skills together to create collaborative games. Through the Site tools, email, websites, and other media, the Service makes accessible various content, including, but not limited to, videos, photographs, images, artwork, graphics, audio clips, comments, data, text, software, scripts, projects, other material and information, and associated trademarks and copyrightable works (collectively, “Content”). Project Creators, Joiners, other visitors and users of the Service (collectively, “Users”) may have the ability to contribute, add, create, upload, submit, distribute, distribute, collect, post, or otherwise make accessible (“Submit”) Content. “User Submissions” means any Content Submitted by Users.
Indie CG respects the intellectual property of others, and we ask our Users to do the same. Indie CG has no responsibility for content on other websites that you may find or access when using the Indie CG Services.
It is Indie CG’s policy, in appropriate circumstances and at its discretion, to disable and/or terminate the accounts of Users who may infringe or repeatedly infringe the copyrights or other intellectual property rights of Indie CG and/or others.
Acceptance of Terms
Indie CG reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to modify or replace these Terms of Services by posting the updated terms on the Site. It is your responsibility to check the Terms of Services periodically for changes. Your continued use of the Service following the posting of any changes to the Terms of Services constitutes acceptance of those changes.
Indie CG reserves the right to change, suspend, or discontinue the Service (including, but not limited to, the availability of any feature, database, or Content) at any time for any reason. Indie CG may also impose limits on certain features and services or restrict your access to parts or all of the Service without notice or liability.
The Service is available only to individuals who are at least 18 years old (and at least the legal age in your jurisdiction). You represent and warrant that if you are an individual, you are at least 18 years old and of legal age in your jurisdiction to form a binding contract, and that all registration information you submit is accurate and truthful. Indie CG reserves the right to ask for proof of age from you and your account may be suspended until satisfactory proof of age is provided. Indie CG may, in its sole discretion, refuse to offer the Service to any person or entity and change its eligibility criteria at any time. This provision is void where prohibited by law and the right to access the Service is revoked in those jurisdictions.
Rules and Conduct
As a condition to access to our services, you must agree to this Agreement and to strictly observe the following rules (“Rules”):
- Comply with all applicable laws, including, without limitation, privacy laws, intellectual property laws, export control laws, tax laws, and regulatory requirements;
- Provide accurate information to us and update it as necessary;
- Review and comply with notices sent by Indie CG concerning the Services; and
- Use the Services in a professional manner.
As a condition of use, you promise not to use the Service for any purpose that is prohibited by the Terms of Services or law. You are responsible for all of your activity in connection with the Service. You shall not, and shall not permit any third party using your account. You shall not take any action, or Submit Content, that:
- infringes any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright, right of publicity, or other right of any other person or entity, or violates any law or contract;
- you know is false, misleading, or inaccurate;
- is unlawful, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, libellous, deceptive, fraudulent, tortuous, obscene, offensive, profane, or invasive of another’s privacy;
- constitutes unsolicited or unauthorized advertising or promotional material or any junk mail, spam, or chain letters;
- contains software viruses or any other computer codes, files, or programs that are designed or intended to disrupt, damage, limit, or interfere with the proper function of any software, hardware, or telecommunications equipment or to damage or obtain unauthorized access to any system, data, password, or other information of Indie CG or any third party;
- is made in breach of any legal duty owed to a third party, such as a contractual duty or a duty of confidence; or
- impersonates any person or entity, including any employee or representative of Indie CG.
Additionally, you shall not: (i) take any action that imposes or may impose (as determined by Indie CG in its sole discretion) an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on Indie CG’s or its third-party providers’ infrastructure; (ii) interfere or attempt to interfere with the proper working of the Service or any activities conducted on the Service; (iii) bypass any measures Indie CG may use to prevent or restrict access to the Service (or other accounts, computer systems, or networks connected to the Service); (iv) run Mail-list, List serv, or any form of auto-responder or “spam” on the Service; or (v) use manual or automated software, devices, or other processes to “crawl” or “spider” any page of the Site.
You shall not directly or indirectly: (i) decipher, decompile, disassemble, reverse engineer, or otherwise attempt to derive any source code or underlying ideas or algorithms of any part of the Service, except to the extent applicable laws specifically prohibit such restriction; (ii) modify, translate, or otherwise create derivative works of any part of the Service; or (iii) copy, rent, lease, distribute, or otherwise transfer any of the rights that you receive hereunder. You shall abide by all applicable local, state, national, and international laws and regulations.
Project Creators agree to not abuse other users’ personal information. Abuse is defined as using personal information for any purpose other than those explicitly specified in the Project, or is not related to fulfilling delivery of a product or service explicitly specified in the Project.
You may view Content on the Site without registering, but as a condition of using certain aspects of the Service, you may be required to register with Indie CG and select a screen name (“User ID”) and password. You shall provide accurate, complete, and updated registration information. Failure to do so shall constitute a breach of the Terms of Services, which may result in immediate termination of your account. You shall not use as a User ID, domain name, or project name any name or term that (i) is the name of another person, with the intent to impersonate that person; (ii) is subject to any rights of another person, without appropriate authorization; or (iii) is offensive, vulgar, or obscene. Indie CG reserves the right in its sole discretion to refuse registration of or cancel a User ID, domain name, and project name. You are solely responsible for activity that occurs on your account and shall be responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your password for the Site. You shall never use another User account without the other User’s express permission. You will immediately notify Indie CG in writing of any unauthorized use of your account, or other known account-related security breach.
Projects: Finding people Commerce
Indie CG is a platform where Project Creators run campaigns to find people with the right skill set to complete a collaborative game. The rewards of participation is all up to the agreement between the project joiner(s) and the project creator. Indie CG is not a party to that agreement between the people who join, participate and create the Project. All dealings are solely between Users.
By joining or creating a Project or look for people on Indie CG, you agree to be bound by this entire Agreement, including the following terms:
- The Estimated Start and End Date listed on project is not a promise to fulfil by that date, but is merely an estimate of when the Project Creator hopes to fulfil by.
- Indie CG reserves the right to reject, cancel, interrupt, remove, or suspend a project at any time and for any reason. Indie CG is not liable for any damages as a result of any of those actions. Indie CG’s policy is not to comment on the reasons for any of those actions.
- Project Creators have the freedom to remove an active project even if there are still active join requests also accepted or declined.
Indie CG is not liable for any damages or loss incurred related to projects or any other use of the Service. Indie CG is under no obligation to become involved in disputes between any Users, or between Users and any third party arising in connection with the use of the Service. This includes, but is not limited to, delivery of goods and services, and any other terms, conditions, warranties, or representations associated with campaigns on the Site. Indie CG does not oversee the performance or punctuality of projects. Indie CG does not endorse any User Submissions. You release Indie CG, its officers, employees, agents, and successors in rights from claims, damages, and demands of every kind, known or unknown, suspected or unsuspected, disclosed or undisclosed, arising out of or in any way related to such disputes and the Service.
Fees and Payments
All services provided by Indie CG are at the moment 100% free of charge. Indie CG might include some paid services in the future in which case we will modify this Terms and inform the Users.
The Service may permit you to link to other websites or resources on the internet, and other websites or resources may contain links to the Site. When you access third-party websites, you do so at your own risk. Those other websites are not under Indie CG’s control, and you acknowledge that Indie CG is not liable for the content, functions, accuracy, legality, appropriateness, or any other aspect of those other websites or resources. The inclusion on another website of any link to the Site does not imply endorsement by or affiliation with Indie CG. You further acknowledge and agree that Indie CG shall not be liable for any damage related to the use of any content, goods, or services available through any third-party website or resource.
Content and License
You agree that the Service contains Content provided by Indie CG and its partners and Users and that the Content may be protected by copyrights, trademarks, service marks, patents, trade secrets, or other rights and laws. You shall abide by and maintain all copyright and other legal notices, information, and restrictions contained in any Content accessed through the Service.
Indie CG grants to each User of the Service a worldwide, non-exclusive, non-sublicensable and non-transferable license to use and reproduce the Content, solely for personal, non-commercial use. Use, reproduction, modification, distribution, or storage of any Content for other than personal, non-commercial use is prohibited without prior written permission from Indie CG, or from the copyright holder. You shall not sell, license, rent, or otherwise use or exploit any Content for commercial use or in any way that violates any third-party right.
By Submitting User Submissions on the Site or otherwise through the Service, you agree to the following terms:
- Indie CG will not have any ownership rights over your User Submissions. However, Indie CG needs the following license to perform and market the Service on your behalf and on behalf of its other Users and itself. You grant to Indie CG the worldwide, non-exclusive, perpetual, irrevocable, royalty-free, sublicensable, transferable right to (and to allow others acting on its behalf to) (i) use, edit, modify, prepare derivative works of, reproduce, host, display, stream, transmit, playback, transcode, copy, feature, market, sell, distribute, and otherwise fully exploit your User Submissions and your trademarks, service marks, slogans, logos, and similar proprietary rights (collectively, the “Trademarks”) in connection with (a) the Service, (b) the Company’s (and its successors’ and assigns’) businesses, (c) promoting, marketing, and redistributing part or all of the Site (and derivative works thereof) or the Service in any media formats and through any media channels (including, without limitation, third-party websites); (ii) take whatever other action is required to perform and market the Service; (iii) allow its Users to stream, transmit, playback, download, display, feature, distribute, collect, and otherwise use the User Submissions and Trademarks in connection with the Service; and (iv) use and publish, and permit others to use and publish, the User Submissions, Trademarks, names, likenesses, and personal and biographical materials of you and the members of your group, in connection with the provision or marketing of the Service. The foregoing license grant to the Company does not affect your other ownership or license rights in your User Submissions, including the right to grant additional licenses to your User Submissions.
- You are publishing your User Submission, and you may be identified publicly by your name or User ID in association with your User Submission.
- You grant to each User a non-exclusive license to access your User Submissions through the Service, and to use, edit, modify, reproduce, distribute, prepare derivative works of, display and perform such User Submissions solely for personal, non-commercial use.
- You further agree that your User Submissions will not contain third-party copyrighted material, or material that is subject to other third-party proprietary rights, unless you have permission from the rightful owner of the material or you are otherwise legally entitled to post the material and to grant Indie CG all of the license rights granted herein.
- You will pay all royalties and other amounts owed to any person or entity based on your Submitting User Submissions to the Service or the Company’s publishing or hosting of the User Submissions as contemplated by these Terms of Services.
- The use or other exploitation of User Submissions by the Company and Users as contemplated by this Agreement will not infringe or violate the rights of any third party, including without limitation any privacy rights, publicity rights, copyrights, contract rights, or any other intellectual property or proprietary rights.
- Indie CG shall have the right to delete, edit, modify, reformat, excerpt, or translate any of your User Submissions.
- All information publicly posted or privately transmitted through the Site is the sole responsibility of the person from which that content originated.
- Indie CG will not be liable for any errors or omissions in any Content.
- Indie CG cannot guarantee the identity of any other Users with whom you may interact while using the Service.
- All Content you access through the Service is at your own risk and you will be solely responsible for any resulting damage or loss to any party.
In accordance with the Digital Millennium Copyright Act, Indie CG has adopted a policy of, in appropriate circumstances, terminating User accounts that are repeat infringers of the intellectual property rights of others. Indie CG also may terminate User accounts even based on a single infringement.
Indie CG will remove infringing materials in accordance with the DMCA if properly notified that Content infringes copyright. If you believe that your work has been copied in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, please notify Indie CG’s Copyright Agent by emailing us at [email protected] Your email must contain the following information (please confirm these requirements with your legal counsel, or see the U.S. Copyright Act, 17 U.S.C. §512(c)(3), for more information):
- an electronic or physical signature of the person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the copyright interest;
- a description of the copyrighted work that you claim has been infringed;
- a description of where the material that you claim is infringing is located on the Site, sufficient for Indie CG to locate the material;
- your address, telephone number, and email address;
- a statement by you that you have a good faith belief that the disputed use is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; and
- a statement by you that the information in your notice is accurate and, under penalty of perjury, that you are the copyright owner or authorized to act on the copyright owner’s behalf.
If you believe that your work has been removed or disabled by mistake or misidentification, please notify Indie CG’s Copyright Agent in writing by emailing us at [email protected] Your counter-notice must contain the following information (please confirm these requirements with your legal counsel or see the U.S. Copyright Act, 17 U.S.C. §512(g)(3), for more information):
- a physical or electronic signature of the user of the Services;
- identification of the material that has been removed or to which access has been disabled and the location at which the material appeared before it was removed or access to it was disabled;
- a statement made under penalty of perjury that the subscriber has a good faith belief that the material was removed or disabled as a result of mistake or misidentification of the material; and
- the subscriber’s name, address, telephone number, and a statement that the subscriber consents to the jurisdiction of the Federal District Court for the judicial district in which the address is located, or if the subscriber’s address is outside of the United States, for any judicial district in which the Company provider may be found, and that the user will accept service of process from the person who provided notification under subscriber (c)(1)(C) or an agent of such person.
Under the Copyright Act, any person who knowingly materially misrepresents that material is infringing or was removed or disabled by mistake or misidentification may be subject to liability.
If you fail to comply with these notice requirements, your notification or counter-notification may not be valid.
Our designated copyright agent for notice of alleged copyright infringement can be reached at:
Email: [email protected]
Indie CG may terminate your Account and access to the Service, at its sole discretion and without cause or notice, which may result in the forfeiture and destruction of all information associated with your Account. All information (including, without limitation, any personal information you have provided to Sponsors associated with your Account will be stored for a reasonable amount of time unless required otherwise by court order. Any fees paid to Indie CG are non-refundable. All provisions of the Terms of Services that by their nature should survive termination shall survive termination, including, without limitation, ownership provisions, warranty disclaimers, indemnity, and limitations of liability.
Indie CG has no special relationship with or fiduciary duty to you. You acknowledge that Indie CG has no duty to take any action regarding any of the following: which Users gain access to the Site; what Content Users access through the Site; what effects the Content may have on Users; how Users may interpret or use the Content; or what actions Users may take as a result of having been exposed to the Content. Indie CG cannot guarantee the authenticity of any data or information that Users provide about themselves or their campaigns and projects. You release Indie CG from all liability for your having acquired or not acquired Content through the Site. The Site may contain, or direct you to websites containing, information that some people may find offensive or inappropriate. Indie CG makes no representations concerning any Content on the Site, and the Company is not liable for the accuracy, copyright compliance, legality, or decency of material contained on the Service.
Indie CG does not guarantee that any Content will be made available through the Service. Indie CG has no obligation to monitor the Service or Content. Indie CG reserves the right to, at any time, for any reason, and without notice: (i) cancel, reject, interrupt, remove, or suspend a campaign or project; (ii) remove, edit, or modify any Content, including, but not limited to, any User Submission; and (iii) remove or block any User or User Submission. Indie CG reserves the right not to comment on the reasons for any of these actions.
The Service is provided “as is” and “as available” and is without warranty of any kind, express or implied, including, but not limited to, the implied warranties of title, non-infringement, merchantability, and fitness for a particular purpose, and any warranties implied by any course of performance or usage of trade, all of which are expressly disclaimed. The Company, and its directors, employees, agents, suppliers, partners, and content providers do not warrant that: (a) the Service will be secure or available at any particular time or location; (b) any defects or errors will be corrected; (c) any content or software available at or through the Service is free of viruses or other harmful components; or (d) the results of using the Service will meet your requirements. Your use of the Service is solely at your own risk. Some states or countries do not allow limitations on how long an implied warranty lasts, so the above limitations may not apply to you.
Indie CG makes no guaranty of confidentiality or privacy of any communication or information transmitted on the Site or any website linked to the Site. Indie CG will not be liable for the privacy of email addresses, registration and identification information, disk space, communications, confidential or trade-secret information, or any other Content stored on the Company’s equipment, transmitted over networks accessed by the Site, or otherwise connected with your use of the Service.
You shall defend, indemnify, and hold harmless Indie CG, its affiliates, and each of its and its affiliates’ employees, contractors, directors, suppliers, and representatives from all liabilities, claims, and expenses, including reasonable attorneys’ fees and other legal costs, that arise from or relate to your use or misuse of, or access to, the Service and Content, or otherwise from your User Submissions, violation of the Terms of Services, or infringement by you, or any third party using your account, of any intellectual property or other right of any person or entity. Indie CG reserves the right to assume the exclusive defence and control of any matter otherwise subject to indemnification by you, in which event you will assist and cooperate with Indie CG in asserting any available defences.
Limitation of Liability
In no event shall Indie CG, nor its directors, employees, agents, partners, suppliers, or content providers, be liable under contract, tort, strict liability, negligence, or any other legal or equitable theory with respect to the Company (i) for any lost profits, data loss, cost of procurement of substitute goods or services, or special, indirect, incidental, punitive, or consequential damages of any kind whatsoever, substitute goods or services (however arising), (ii) for any bugs, viruses, trojan horses, or the like (regardless of the source of origination), or (iii) for any direct damages in excess of (in the aggregate) one hundred U.S. dollars ($100.00). some states or countries do not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages, so the above limitations and exclusions may not apply to you.
Accessing the Service is prohibited from territories where the Content is illegal. If you access the Service from other locations, you do so at your own initiative and are responsible for compliance with local laws.
Electronic Delivery, Notice Policy, and Your Consent
By using the Services, you consent to receive from Indie CG all communications including notices, agreements, legally required disclosures, or other information in connection with the Services (collectively, “Contract Notices”) electronically. The Company may provide the electronic Contract Notices by posting them on the Site. If you desire to withdraw your consent to receive Contract Notices electronically, you must discontinue your use of the Services.
Indie CG shall not be liable for any failure to perform its obligations hereunder where the failure results from any cause beyond the Company’s reasonable control, including, without limitation, mechanical, electronic, or communications failure or degradation. The Terms of Services are personal to you, and are not assignable, transferable, or sub-licensable by you except with the Company’s prior written consent. Indie CG may assign, transfer, or delegate any of its rights and obligations hereunder without consent. No agency, partnership, joint venture, or employment relationship is created as a result of the Terms of Services and neither party has any authority of any kind to bind the other in any respect. In any action or proceeding to enforce rights under the Terms of Services, the prevailing party will be entitled to recover costs and attorneys’ fees. All notices under the Terms of Services will be in writing and will be deemed to have been duly given when received, if personally delivered or sent by certified or registered mail, return receipt requested; when receipt is electronically confirmed, if transmitted by facsimile or e-mail; or the day after it is sent, if sent for next day delivery by recognized overnight delivery service.