- 1 Where can I find indie developers?
- 2 How do I contact game journalists?
- 3 How do I get a publisher for my indie game?
- 4 What is the most successful indie game?
- 5 Is being an indie game developer worth it?
- 6 How do you make a press release game?
- 7 Who is the richest game maker?
- 8 Do indie developers make money?
- 9 How much money does a good indie game make?
- 10 Can I publish my own game?
- 11 How do I release my game?
- 12 Should I get a publisher for my game?
Where can I find indie developers?
To help you out here are five indie game development communities that you should check out!
- Reddit (r/gamedev) r/gamedev is one of the most popular places for game devs.
- Slack (IndieDev)
- Discord (Game Dev League)
- 4. Facebook (IndieGameDevs)
- Reddit (r/IndieGaming)
How do I contact game journalists?
Video Game Journalists: 7 Essential Tips When Contacting Them
- Be respectful and check your spelling.
- Know your audience; video game editors not gamers here.
- Follow your target video game editors on Twitter.
- Customize your e-mail title to video game editors.
- Personalize your message to target video game journalists.
How do I get a publisher for my indie game?
Indie game developers are always looking for publishers the same way publishers always look for indie game devs. 5 Steps to Get Your Game Published
- Send the “YES” Moment in Your Game.
- Find the Right Publisher.
- Stick to the Publisher’s Format.
- Be Patient.
- Stay Dedicated.
What is the most successful indie game?
Minecraft. Markus Alexej Persson, more famously known as Notch, is the creator of Minecraft, the most wildly successfully indie game of all time.
Is being an indie game developer worth it?
Indie games are not a get-rich-quick scheme. You’ll be working very hard at something unpredictable which may never pay off. If you feel like you need to make games, or even that they interest you on a deep level, it’s probably worth taking a stab at it.
How do you make a press release game?
How to get press releases from video game publishers – Quora. Visit each of their websites and look for a newsroom or press release page. You’ll want to find the PR or media contact info. (If it’s not on the newsroom page, try looking at the bottom of a recent press release.)
Who is the richest game maker?
The Richest Video Game Developers In The World [Updated 2021]
- Valve — $4 Billion.
- King — $5.69 Billion.
- Nintendo — $20.11 Billion.
- Electronic Arts — $22.90 Billion.
- Activision Blizzard — $29.23 Billion.
- Sony Entertainment — $45 Billion.
- Tencent — $48 Billion.
- Microsoft — $1 Trillion.
Do indie developers make money?
It’s possible to make money off of indie games. In Eric Barone’s experience, he worked diligently for four years on the beloved Stardew Valley by himself. All while holding down another job and living off of more meager savings. “Stardew Valley probably earned about $24 million last year.
How much money does a good indie game make?
Over 50% of indie games never make more than $4,000. These games never generate enough revenue to cover the development time and other costs. An average indie game makes $3,947 (this is actually median, average is not a good measure as it’s significantly distorted by top earners).
Can I publish my own game?
Self-publishing means you’re in charge of marketing your own game. You’re in charge of user acquisition and getting your game known—while shouldering all the costs. It means all the expenses associated with funding, developing, testing, marketing, and releasing the game are entirely up to you.
How do I release my game?
If you’re creating a mobile game for Android, you may want to release it onto the Amazon Appstore. 11 Places to Publish & Release Your Indie Game
- Game Jolt.
- Humble Bundle.
- Gamers Gate.
- Game House.
Should I get a publisher for my game?
If your experience is mainly in developing games but you have limited experience with the business side of things, you should definitely consider a publisher if you want to scale. But if you want to remain small and maintain full control, self-publishing may be a good option.