- 1 How long should your indie game be?
- 2 What is the hardest indie game?
- 3 What is the average time to beat a game?
- 4 Do most indie games fail?
- 5 How much should an indie game cost?
- 6 Will there be a Dark Souls 4?
- 7 What is the easiest game?
- 8 Is Sekiro the hardest game ever?
- 9 What is the longest video game?
- 10 What’s the longest game to beat?
- 11 How many hours is Ghost of Tsushima?
- 12 How much does the average indie game make?
- 13 How successful are indie games?
- 14 Why did your indie game fail?
How long should your indie game be?
10-20 hours gameplay seems like a lot for $15-20 compared to “real” commercial games. Naturally a lot of those have big teams, lots of art and great quality – which is not always possible with indie games.
What is the hardest indie game?
10 Indie Games That Are Impossible To Beat Without A Guide
- 6 Celeste – Collecting Crystal Hearts.
- 7 Spelunky 2 – There’s An Eggplant World?!
- 8 Towerfall Ascension – Weird Unlock Conditions.
- 9 There Is No Game: Wrong Dimension – Meta Puzzling.
- 10 Spiritfarer – Finding Souls In Need.
What is the average time to beat a game?
A completionist playing style takes an average of nearly 29 hours to beat the game. Also, according to the How Long to Beat website, the shortest reported time a user claimed to have completed The Last of Us Part II was 13 hours and the longest reported was 31 hours.
Do most indie games fail?
The main reasons indie games fail are over saturation and the lack of marketing. With so many marketing strategies out there, gaming studios have to adapt to the one that suits their game the most. Most of the times the marketing falls short for a game, making the game a tough sell.
How much should an indie game cost?
It’s immediately clear that majority of the indie games price themselves under $10 and often under $5. By pricing your game $4.99, you are immediately competing with most other indie games.
Will there be a Dark Souls 4?
No. And even if yes, not with Miyazaki as game director. I think the next one is gonna be light souls and it’ll be sort of an inverse of dark souls in style and all that, but keeping the same feels/gameplay etc.
What is the easiest game?
The 15 Easiest Video Games Of All Time (And 15 That Were Too Hard For Casuals)
- 30 Easy: Ninja Gaiden 3.
- 29 Hard: Donkey Kong Country.
- 28 Easy: Fallout 3.
- 27 Hard: God Hand.
- 26 Easy: Castlevania: Symphony Of The Night.
- 25 Hard: Crash Bandicoot.
- 24 Easy: Doom 3.
- 23 Hard: Super Meat Boy.
Is Sekiro the hardest game ever?
“Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice” is a very hard video game; for many, it’ll be the hardest game they’ve ever played. The steep difficulty curve has some players demanding an easy mode to make the game more accessible for less skilled players, and for gamers with disabilities.
What is the longest video game?
A Sydney-based sales manager called Okan Kaya has broken the record for the longest videogame marathon by playing Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 for more than 135 hours.
What’s the longest game to beat?
Longest Video Games Ever (From Least to Most Hours)
- Fire Emblem: Three Houses.
- Red Dead Redemption 2.
- Monster Hunter: World.
- The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild.
- Stardew Valley.
- The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt.
- Darkest Dungeon.
- Octopath Traveler.
How many hours is Ghost of Tsushima?
Based on our playtime, it can take roughly 20 hours to complete Ghost of Tsushima if you’re focusing strictly on clearing the main storyline. Completists can tack a few more hours onto that runtime as the game also features a number of side missions to complete and collectibles to find.
How much does the average indie game make?
An average indie game makes $3,947 (this is actually median, average is not a good measure as it’s significantly distorted by top earners). Over 2/3 of the games don’t cross $10,000 in life time earnings. However, the top 1/3 of the indie games are doing pretty well.
How successful are indie games?
So it’s save to say that less than 2/10 indie games are ever profitable. I’ve recently done some analysis on this and over 50% of indie games never make more than $4,000 on Steam.
Why did your indie game fail?
Indie games fail sometimes because of a poor marketing strategy: Either the team didn’t build an audience or didn’t find a way to interest the gaming world enough to make it play the game. The second reason comes from the game itself: The lack of game design skills or the level of immersion is too low.