- 1 How much should I sell my indie game for?
- 2 Can I sell my indie game?
- 3 How much money will my first indie game make?
- 4 Can you make money off indie games?
- 5 What is the most successful indie game?
- 6 How much does it cost to make an indie game by yourself?
- 7 What percentage of indie games are successful?
- 8 Who can I sell my game to?
- 9 Who is the richest video game designer?
- 10 How much does a good indie game make?
- 11 How do free games make money?
- 12 Which is the best money earning game?
- 13 What game makes the most money 2020?
- 14 Is being an indie game developer worth it?
How much should I sell my indie game for?
When looking at 2 of the most popular price tags for indie games – $4.99 and $9.99, a developer should at least consider the possibility of pricing the game at $14.99 or $19.99. You can sell half the copies and still make more money when you price them at $19.99 rather than $9.99.
Can I sell my indie game?
Sell via your own website. Last, but not least, you can start your own website to make a profit from an indie game. This may be your dev studio website or a website dedicated to a particular game. Online presence is essential if you want to reach a wider audience of players.
How much money will my first indie game make?
The majority (median 25 percent) of their games earn from $1,000 to $10,000. If you’re lucky, you’ll be in the next 20 percent above that, earning from $10k to 100k.
Can you make money off indie games?
It’s possible to make money off of indie games. In Eric Barone’s experience, he worked diligently for four years on the beloved Stardew Valley by himself. “Stardew Valley probably earned about $24 million last year. Steam Spy thinks that it earned $9.2 million in March after it released on February 26.
What is the most successful indie game?
Minecraft. Markus Alexej Persson, more famously known as Notch, is the creator of Minecraft, the most wildly successfully indie game of all time.
How much does it cost to make an indie game by yourself?
If I had to answer that question right away, I would say that the production of an independent video game costs, roughly speaking, between $1,000 and $10,000,000, so between one month and six years of development. Obviously, the cost will depend on the size of the project and therefore the development time.
What percentage of indie games are successful?
So it’s save to say that less than 2/10 indie games are ever profitable. I’ve recently done some analysis on this and over 50% of indie games never make more than $4,000 on Steam.
Who can I sell my game to?
Top Places to Sell Video Games
- Decluttr. Using Decluttr is one of the easiest ways to sell video games.
- SellCell. A few of the popular cell phone buy and sell sites also offer great deals on other electronics and video games.
- Game Stop.
- 6. Facebook Marketplace.
Who is the richest video game designer?
Gabe Newell, Valve – $1.3 billion. Markus Persson, Mojang – $1.3 billion. Mark Pincus, Zynga – $990 million.
How much does a good indie game make?
An average indie game makes $3,947 (this is actually median, average is not a good measure as it’s significantly distorted by top earners). Over 2/3 of the games don’t cross $10,000 in life time earnings. However, the top 1/3 of the indie games are doing pretty well.
How do free games make money?
They earn money through the ads that run on their site. In addition, to that, the FREE GAMES always have upgrades that require that people pay of they want those upgrades. So they make money via the ads and then they also make money by up-selling you items to make the game experience better.
Which is the best money earning game?
Here is the List of Top 10 money earning games in India:
- Rummy Circle.
- 8 Ball Pool.
What game makes the most money 2020?
The highest-earning video games in 2020 (premium titles)
- Call of Duty: Modern Warfare – US$1.91 billion.
- FIFA 2020 – US$1.08 billion.
- Grand Theft Auto V – US$911 million.
- NBA 2K21 – US$889 million.
- NBA 2K20 – US$771 million.
- Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War – US$678 million.
- Animal Crossing; New Horizons – US$654 million.
Is being an indie game developer worth it?
Indie games are not a get-rich-quick scheme. You’ll be working very hard at something unpredictable which may never pay off. If you feel like you need to make games, or even that they interest you on a deep level, it’s probably worth taking a stab at it.