- 1 How do I find a drummer for my band?
- 2 How do I find people to start a band with?
- 3 How much does an indie musician make?
- 4 How much does a band drummer make?
- 5 Why is it so hard to find a drummer?
- 6 How do you audition for a drummer?
- 7 Is Band Mix good?
- 8 Is there a tinder for musicians?
- 9 How do you get gigs?
- 10 Is Billie Eilish indie?
- 11 Do indie artists make more money?
- 12 How much does it cost to book an indie band?
- 13 Can I make a living as a drummer?
- 14 Is it hard to become a drummer?
How do I find a drummer for my band?
Be active in your local music scene.
- Approach bands after their set and tell them how much you liked their performance. Being appreciative and supportive is not only polite—it’s an effective networking technique.
- Ask the band members if they know anyone else in attendance who could help you find a drummer.
How do I find people to start a band with?
Section 1: Finding Musicians In ‘Real Life’
- Put up an ad or notice at your local music store. It works.
- Check your local rehearsal rooms.
- Take group music lessons.
- Go to open mic nights and jam sessions.
- Ask your guitar or music teacher.
- Get your oldest friends together.
How much does an indie musician make?
On average, a successful Indie artist makes somewhere between 40k to 70k in a month. On the other hand, their live performances around the world get them the overflow of popularity, fan base, and financial gains they need and deserve.
How much does a band drummer make?
There are four members of the band, meaning that the drummer would make approximately $125,000 per show, minus whatever the crew makes. If an average, well-known band might make between $50,000 and $100,000 per show, the drummer will average about $15,000.
Why is it so hard to find a drummer?
The reason that drummers are harder to find is simply that there are less of them. When the average kid decides to take up an instrument, at some point in the process of choosing which instrument to play, he/she generaly looks at the logistics of the instrument they choose.
How do you audition for a drummer?
Seven Essential Drumming Audition Tips
- Don’t get bogged down with notes.
- Don’t let the equipment be an excuse.
- Don’t be disheartened.
- Don’t be a shrinking violet.
- Don’t turn up in the dark.
- Don’t make the audition the first time you’ve been there.
- Don’t let this be a negative experience.
Is Band Mix good?
BandMix.com has a consumer rating of 3.83 stars from 52 reviews indicating that most customers are generally satisfied with their purchases. BandMix.com ranks 1st among Bands sites.
Is there a tinder for musicians?
Like Tinder, Vampr is a swipe left or right social media platform. It lets one musician connect to another. As a user, you are able to discover information about other musicians such as their featured songs from YouTube and SoundCloud.
How do you get gigs?
How to get gigs
- Promote your band.
- Book shows.
- Perform, record and develop your musicality.
- Look after your health.
- Go on to higher education.
- Promote yourself online.
- Keep on top of what’s popular.
- Read up on the musicians’ lifestyle.
Is Billie Eilish indie?
Billie Eilish is an indie pop phenomenal singer. She has Tourettes Syndrome yet she manages to write and perform her music. She is very original and even tape records sounds to use on her recordings.
Do indie artists make more money?
Average income paints a similar picture: independent artists earned an average of $12,860 a year off music, and label artists earned an average of $23,913. About three-quarters of independent artists earned less than $10,000 a year from music, compared to 61% of label artists.
How much does it cost to book an indie band?
An indy rock band booking price can range from $10,000 to over $1,000,000. Booking fees for indy rock bands are usually based on their popularity and the number of tickets they can sell for a public performance.
Can I make a living as a drummer?
It can be very difficult to make a living as a professional drummer, even when you do get a few lucky breaks along the way. No matter how famous a musician is, he or she is rarely as wealthy as most people think.
Is it hard to become a drummer?
Are drums hard to learn? You can learn a well-known song/beat on the drums in around 30 minutes. It often takes 2 years for you to gain a detailed understanding of the drums. If you want to become a professional drummer, 7 to 8 years is typical, but can be faster if you practice harder.