- 1 How do you pitch an indie game?
- 2 How do you pitch a publisher game?
- 3 How do you pitch a game?
- 4 How do indie games get published?
- 5 Can I sell a game idea?
- 6 How do I sell my game to a publisher?
- 7 How do I pitch my game to investors?
- 8 How do you write an elevator pitch for a game?
- 9 How can I create a game?
- 10 How do I get my game noticed?
- 11 How much money can you make inventing a board game?
- 12 How do you pitch a project?
- 13 Do you need a publisher to sell a game?
- 14 Can you publish your own game?
- 15 How many copies does the average indie game sell?
How do you pitch an indie game?
So, to sum up
- Have a short, tangible, interesting pitch.
- Include a cool visual GIF (under 2MB!)
- Include a link to a (within five seconds) interesting YouTube trailer — it can be unlisted.
- Brief description, preferably in bulletpoints — don’t forget to mention what you need.
- A build that’s easy to play.
How do you pitch a publisher game?
Before the Pitch
- Know your audience. Every publisher has a unique approach to rounding out their roster.
- Know your product.
- Prepare something special.
- Don’t get bogged down in minor details.
- Bring everything and ensure contingencies.
- Face time is critical.
How do you pitch a game?
How to Pitch Your Game
- The past experience of your leadership team, even if that’s just you.
- A one-sentence description of your game that includes the “hook” or unique selling proposition (USP).
- A brief synopsis of the game story.
- A clear description of the gameplay loop.
- A short list of key features.
How do indie games get published?
Independent (indie) developers. These are game developers that do not depend on any publishers. They self-publish their games via crowdfunding and other means.
Can I sell a game idea?
Unfortunately, you can’t really sell ideas. In all reality, a business will know you need them more than they need you, because, at best, you just gave them a great idea that they’ll probably change a little and call their own; but just enough where you can’t sue them for anything.
How do I sell my game to a publisher?
7 Tips for Getting Your Game Published
- Go to conventions. Pitching publishers at conventions is a very effective tactic.
- Be respectful!
- Have a good elevator pitch.
- Be able to explain the core of your game in 15 minutes or less.
- Develop relationships and add value.
- Take feedback well.
- Don’t focus on money at first.
How do I pitch my game to investors?
What To Do:
- Include a brief bio, so we know who you are and what you did.
- Get straight to the point with a very short elevator pitch description of your game.
- Include figures.
- Include timescales, broken down into milestones.
- Explain why you need the VC.
- Include flavor text.
How do you write an elevator pitch for a game?
An elevator pitch should be short and compelling description of the problem you’re solving, who you solve it for, and one key benefit that distinguishes it from its competitors. It must be unique, believable and important. The better and bigger the idea, the harder the pitch is to write.
How can I create a game?
How to Make a Video Game: 5 Steps
- Step 1: Do Some Research & Conceptualize Your Game.
- Step 2: Work On A Design Document.
- Step 3: Decide Whether You Need Software.
- Step 4: Start Programming.
- Step 5: Test Your Game & Start Marketing!
How do I get my game noticed?
Here are a few effective ways to get your indie game noticed:
- Join groups, post relevant content in those groups. Participate in #screenshotsaturday.
- Grow your Twitter fanbase. Post often.
- Create a subreddit.
- Make consistent updates about your game.
How much money can you make inventing a board game?
So, how much do board game designers make? On average, board game designers make between $56,000-$113,000 a year. A board game designer with less than 1 year’s experience makes between $42,000-$87,000. With 7-14 year’s experience, a board game designer can expect to earn between $51,000-$113,000.
How do you pitch a project?
How to Pitch Your Project
- Create a Connection. Make sure that you create some sort of connection with the person you are pitching to before you jump right in.
- Keep it Short and Sweet.
- Preparation is Key.
- Get Them Hooked.
- Make it Visual.
- Practice Makes Perfect.
Do you need a publisher to sell a game?
Every game needs a publisher, whether you do it yourself or hire another company for that role. Publishing is a skilled task, a necessary step for any game to find success.
Can you publish your own game?
Self-publishing means you’re in charge of marketing your own game. You’re in charge of user acquisition and getting your game known—while shouldering all the costs. It means all the expenses associated with funding, developing, testing, marketing, and releasing the game are entirely up to you.
How many copies does the average indie game sell?
Steam game revenue estimates An average indie game makes $3,947 (this is actually median, average is not a good measure as it’s significantly distorted by top earners).