- 1 How do I upload an indie game?
- 2 Where can I upload my game for free?
- 3 How do I get my indie game noticed?
- 4 How can I make my video game stand out?
- 5 Can I publish my own game?
- 6 How do I sell my game to a publisher?
- 7 Can you publish a game on Steam for free?
- 8 Is it free to publish a game on Steam?
- 9 How much does it cost to publish a game?
- 10 Who is the richest game maker?
- 11 Where can I promote my indie game?
- 12 How can I make my indie game successful?
How do I upload an indie game?
11 Places to Publish & Release Your Indie Game
- Steam. Steam offers the largest and most well established PC distribution service around.
- Itch.io. Itch is an excellent platform for indie game developers.
- Game Jolt.
- Humble Bundle.
- Gamers Gate.
- Game House.
Where can I upload my game for free?
The 5 Best Free Places to Publish Your Game
- ITCH.IO. Itch.io is hands down the best platform available for indie game publishing.
- INDIEGAMESTAND. IndieGameStand is a robust platform to market your game, and is great for strong short term sales if you choose their pay-what-you-want deal.
- ROAST MY GAME.
How do I get my indie game noticed?
Here are a few effective ways to get your indie game noticed:
- Join groups, post relevant content in those groups. Participate in #screenshotsaturday.
- Grow your Twitter fanbase. Post often.
- Create a subreddit.
- Make consistent updates about your game.
How can I make my video game stand out?
Here are some things you can consider for your next game to stand out in an oversaturated market:
- Art Style. New is not always better.
- Audio. An immersive game does not only rely on the gamer’s vision; it brings other senses into the mix.
- Game Mechanics.
Can I publish my own game?
Self-publishing means you’re in charge of marketing your own game. You’re in charge of user acquisition and getting your game known—while shouldering all the costs. It means all the expenses associated with funding, developing, testing, marketing, and releasing the game are entirely up to you.
How do I sell my game to a publisher?
7 Tips for Getting Your Game Published
- Go to conventions. Pitching publishers at conventions is a very effective tactic.
- Be respectful!
- Have a good elevator pitch.
- Be able to explain the core of your game in 15 minutes or less.
- Develop relationships and add value.
- Take feedback well.
- Don’t focus on money at first.
Can you publish a game on Steam for free?
Hey, yes you can submit your game for free using Steam Greenlight. Once your project is approved to be on Steam Greenlight it’ll be asked by people to vote upon and if your game comes out to be accepted by the community you will be easily accepted without any costs.
Is it free to publish a game on Steam?
Steam Publishing Costs Steam charges a fee of $100 for each game you submit on Steam Direct. Although nonrefundable, this fee can be recouped once your product has generated at least $1,000 adjusted gross revenue from the Steam Store and in-app purchases.
How much does it cost to publish a game?
The exact licensing fee varies based on the manufacturer, as well as any deals they may give a publisher, but it can generally be anywhere from $3 to $10 per unit.
Who is the richest game maker?
The Richest Video Game Developers In The World [Updated 2021]
- Valve — $4 Billion.
- King — $5.69 Billion.
- Nintendo — $20.11 Billion.
- Electronic Arts — $22.90 Billion.
- Activision Blizzard — $29.23 Billion.
- Sony Entertainment — $45 Billion.
- Tencent — $48 Billion.
- Microsoft — $1 Trillion.
Where can I promote my indie game?
#1 – Promote your game in indie dev forums
- Dream In Code.
- Game Dev Stack Exchange.
How can I make my indie game successful?
What makes an indie game successful?
- Graphics & design are a minimum requirement.
- Gameplay & story matters, but only up to a point.
- Top games are better rated.
- Some genres are more successful than others.
- Low prices don’t lead to success.
- Accessibility is important.
- If you’re doing one thing right, make it marketing.