- 1 Should I get a publisher for my indie game?
- 2 Where should I publish my indie game?
- 3 How do I publish my first indie game?
- 4 How much should I sell my indie game for?
- 5 Should I publish my own game?
- 6 Can I publish my own game?
- 7 Can you publish a game on Steam for free?
- 8 How do I sell my game to a publisher?
- 9 Is it free to publish a game on Steam?
- 10 Where can I publish my game for free?
- 11 How much does it cost to publish a game on gOg?
- 12 How old do you have to be to publish a game?
- 13 What is the most successful indie game?
- 14 Do indie developers make money?
- 15 How much does it cost to make an indie game by yourself?
Should I get a publisher for my indie game?
So would you choose to be indie or go with a publisher? To be honest, the choice is entirely yours. Each has its own set of pros and cons, that only you can gauge for yourself as well as your game.
Where should I publish my indie game?
5 best platforms to publish your indie game
- Steam. Cost: $100 recoupable publishing fee for each game and the 70/30 revenue split.
- GOG. Cost: Submitting your game on GOG is free, but the revenue split is 70/30.
- Itch.io. Cost: Submission is free and sharing revenue with the platform is optional.
- Gamers Gate.
- Game Jolt.
How do I publish my first indie game?
In the meantime, here are 11 places you may want to be aware of and explore further as options for publishing your game:
- Steam. Steam offers the largest and most well established PC distribution service around.
- Game Jolt.
- Humble Bundle.
- Gamers Gate.
- Game House.
How much should I sell my indie game for?
When looking at 2 of the most popular price tags for indie games – $4.99 and $9.99, a developer should at least consider the possibility of pricing the game at $14.99 or $19.99. You can sell half the copies and still make more money when you price them at $19.99 rather than $9.99.
Should I publish my own game?
Although it seems complicated, self-publishing ensures you have complete control of your own game development process. You can take your time, create your game however you want, and forgo the worrying about meeting marketing deadlines or seeking the widest audience possible.
Can I publish my own game?
Limpach believes self-publishing is a legitimate route to market, but it may be more painful to go it alone if it’s your first game. In the long term, it can be a good idea to mix both approaches depending on the project, as some games may need more support than others.
Can you publish a game on Steam for free?
Hey, yes you can submit your game for free using Steam Greenlight. Once your project is approved to be on Steam Greenlight it’ll be asked by people to vote upon and if your game comes out to be accepted by the community you will be easily accepted without any costs.
How do I sell my game to a publisher?
7 Tips for Getting Your Game Published
- Go to conventions. Pitching publishers at conventions is a very effective tactic.
- Be respectful!
- Have a good elevator pitch.
- Be able to explain the core of your game in 15 minutes or less.
- Develop relationships and add value.
- Take feedback well.
- Don’t focus on money at first.
Is it free to publish a game on Steam?
Steam Publishing Costs Steam charges a fee of $100 for each game you submit on Steam Direct. Although nonrefundable, this fee can be recouped once your product has generated at least $1,000 adjusted gross revenue from the Steam Store and in-app purchases.
Where can I publish my game for free?
The 5 Best Free Places to Publish Your Game
- ITCH.IO. Itch.io is hands down the best platform available for indie game publishing.
- INDIEGAMESTAND. IndieGameStand is a robust platform to market your game, and is great for strong short term sales if you choose their pay-what-you-want deal.
- ROAST MY GAME.
How much does it cost to publish a game on gOg?
You can’t chat with this user because you have blocked him. You can’t invite this user because you have blocked him. There is no cost to have a game on gOg. However, gOg is a heavily curated store, so they are very selective on which games they allow to be published here.
How old do you have to be to publish a game?
If you upload projects, you’re a Publisher. Users must be 13 or older. Publishers must be at least 18 or have the legal right to enter into this agreement. Users.
What is the most successful indie game?
Minecraft. Markus Alexej Persson, more famously known as Notch, is the creator of Minecraft, the most wildly successfully indie game of all time.
Do indie developers make money?
It’s possible to make money off of indie games. In Eric Barone’s experience, he worked diligently for four years on the beloved Stardew Valley by himself. All while holding down another job and living off of more meager savings. “Stardew Valley probably earned about $24 million last year.
How much does it cost to make an indie game by yourself?
If I had to answer that question right away, I would say that the production of an independent video game costs, roughly speaking, between $1,000 and $10,000,000, so between one month and six years of development. Obviously, the cost will depend on the size of the project and therefore the development time.