- 1 What is the best place to find indie games?
- 2 Where can I play indie games for free?
- 3 How can I find an indie game?
- 4 What indie game should I play?
- 5 How do I find games that aren’t on steam?
- 6 Are indie games better than AAA?
- 7 Is Minecraft an indie?
- 8 Why are indie games so good?
- 9 How do you discover a game?
- 10 Where can I find good indie games Reddit?
- 11 How do I download an itch game?
- 12 Is itch.io safe to download from?
- 13 Can I play itch.io games on Chromebook?
What is the best place to find indie games?
Indie Game Blogs
- IndieGames.com. The latest independent games news, interviews, and features, from the makers of Gamasutra.
- Indie Game Bundles.
- Alpha Beta Gamer | Indie.
- Indiegala Blog – Chatter About Indie Games on Steam.
- itch.io | Download the latest indie games.
- TIGSource Forums.
- Indie Retro News.
Where can I play indie games for free?
10 Indie Games You Can Play For Free
- 1 Coloring Pixels. If you’re looking for a relaxing game to spend some time with that’s also easy on the wallet, Coloring Pixels may be worth your time.
- 2 The Supper.
- 3 Backbone: Prologue.
- 4 Grimm’s Hollow.
- 5 Momodora I and II.
- 6 Doki Doki Literature Club.
- 7 Brawlhalla.
- 8 Yume Nikki.
How can I find an indie game?
Five Ways to Discover New Indie Games
- Warp Door.
- Local Events.
What indie game should I play?
The best indie games are:
- Disco Elysium.
- Among Us.
- Fall Guys.
- Untitled Goose Game.
- Telling Lies.
- Hypnospace Outlaw.
- The Witness.
How do I find games that aren’t on steam?
But some of the below options give you Steam codes anyway, and you might find you like the feel of some of them more than Valve’s juggernaut.
- Itch.io. Itch is awesome.
- Humble Store. You’ve probably heard of the Humble Bundle by now.
- Good Old Games.
Are indie games better than AAA?
However, because in indie games what’s most important is creativity, developer and art teams are much smaller than those the typical studios used to create AAA titles, so in most cases indie games will have errors, bugs, bad spelling, unfinished parts, bad programming, memory leaks, and in general they are lower
Is Minecraft an indie?
Minecraft is the definition of a decade-defining game. While it initially came out in 2009, its full release wasn’t until 2011, and in the years that followed it became the most successful indie game of all time.
Why are indie games so good?
Original Art, Story, and Characters. It gets tiring to play games that have the same type of style, characters, and stories. Indie studios can afford to take risks with games. That’s why you’ll see indie games that have a huge emphasis on art and story.
How do you discover a game?
Four Ways to Discover New Games
- Use a search engine. Ah yes, Google (or Bing, we don’t discriminate).
- Check Metacritic. Although a review aggregator, Metacritic is also a pretty authoritative resource when it comes to upcoming games.
- Look at the “coming soon” section on the digital store.
- Follow curators on Steam.
Where can I find good indie games Reddit?
Well freeindiegam.es was one of the best places to find unique/interesting indie games. I hear about games by browsing the following:
- Steam new releases.
- This subreddit.
How do I download an itch game?
You can find games by using the in-app browser: it lets you access the entire itch.io website. Once on a game’s page, use the Install button to download it. If you don’t own the game, you’ll see a Purchase button instead.
Is itch.io safe to download from?
Itch.io is a safe site as long as you are cautious about what you download. Always scan your download to make sure there isn’t any malware. There are no complaints about any problems with payment on the site. In fact, Itch.io has a very good return policy.
Can I play itch.io games on Chromebook?
New itch.io is now on YouTube! Become a tech ninja and take apart those chromebooks!