- 1 How do I promote my indie game?
- 2 Where can I post my game?
- 3 What is the best place to find indie games?
- 4 Do I need a publisher for my indie game?
- 5 What is the most successful indie game?
- 6 How can I make my indie game successful?
- 7 What is the easiest game to code?
- 8 Can I publish my own game?
- 9 What indie game should I play?
- 10 How can you tell an indie game?
- 11 Where are games not on steam?
- 12 Why do game developers need a publisher?
- 13 Do game publishers fund games?
- 14 How much does it cost to publish a game?
How do I promote my indie game?
Where to Promote Your Indie Game
- #1 – Indie Gaming And Development Forums.
- #2 – Social Media Platforms & Groups.
- #3 – Product Hunt.
- #4 – Reddit / Play My Game.
- #5 – Game Review Sites.
- #6 – Alternative App Stores For More Exposure.
Where can I post my game?
The 5 Best Free Places to Publish Your Game
- ITCH.IO. Itch.io is hands down the best platform available for indie game publishing.
- INDIEGAMESTAND. IndieGameStand is a robust platform to market your game, and is great for strong short term sales if you choose their pay-what-you-want deal.
- ROAST MY GAME.
What is the best place to find indie games?
Indie Game Blogs
- IndieGames.com. The latest independent games news, interviews, and features, from the makers of Gamasutra.
- Indie Game Bundles.
- Alpha Beta Gamer | Indie.
- Indiegala Blog – Chatter About Indie Games on Steam.
- itch.io | Download the latest indie games.
- TIGSource Forums.
- Indie Retro News.
Do I need a publisher for my indie game?
If your experience is mainly in developing games but you have limited experience with the business side of things, you should definitely consider a publisher if you want to scale. But if you want to remain small and maintain full control, self-publishing may be a good option.
What is the most successful indie game?
Minecraft. Markus Alexej Persson, more famously known as Notch, is the creator of Minecraft, the most wildly successfully indie game of all time.
How can I make my indie game successful?
What makes an indie game successful?
- Graphics & design are a minimum requirement.
- Gameplay & story matters, but only up to a point.
- Top games are better rated.
- Some genres are more successful than others.
- Low prices don’t lead to success.
- Accessibility is important.
- If you’re doing one thing right, make it marketing.
What is the easiest game to code?
For a step by step process on how to code pong – click here!
- 2 – Space Race. One year on from pong came Space Race (also made by Atari).
- 3 – Jet Fighter. Jet Fighter is a brilliant game released in 1975.
- 4 – Space Invaders. By far the most popular game released in 1978 was Space Invaders.
- 5 – Monaco GP.
Can I publish my own game?
Self-publishing means you’re in charge of marketing your own game. You’re in charge of user acquisition and getting your game known—while shouldering all the costs. It means all the expenses associated with funding, developing, testing, marketing, and releasing the game are entirely up to you.
What indie game should I play?
The best indie games are:
- Disco Elysium.
- Among Us.
- Fall Guys.
- Untitled Goose Game.
- Telling Lies.
- Hypnospace Outlaw.
- The Witness.
How can you tell an indie game?
Another means to evaluate a game as indie is to examine its development team, with indie games being developed by individuals, small teams, or small independent companies that are often specifically formed for the development of one specific game. Typically, indie games are smaller than mainstream titles.
Where are games not on steam?
But some of the below options give you Steam codes anyway, and you might find you like the feel of some of them more than Valve’s juggernaut.
- Itch.io. Itch is awesome.
- Humble Store. You’ve probably heard of the Humble Bundle by now.
- Good Old Games.
Why do game developers need a publisher?
A publisher gives at least general guidelines to a developer what sort of game they want and then handle the money side of things while the developer focuses on making the game. Publishers will also have better access and more experience in how to effectively market and sell the game as well.
Do game publishers fund games?
They often finance the development, sometimes by paying a video game developer (the publisher calls this external development) and sometimes by paying an internal staff of developers called a studio.
How much does it cost to publish a game?
The exact licensing fee varies based on the manufacturer, as well as any deals they may give a publisher, but it can generally be anywhere from $3 to $10 per unit.