- 1 Where can I post indie games?
- 2 Can you publish a game on Steam for free?
- 3 Do I need a publisher for my indie game?
- 4 Can I publish my own game?
- 5 How do I get my indie game noticed?
- 6 Where can I upload my game for free?
- 7 Can I put my game on Steam?
- 8 How much does it cost to publish a game?
- 9 Can I sell a game made with Unity?
- 10 How much does it cost to publish a Unity game?
- 11 Where should I post my games?
- 12 Why do game developers need a publisher?
- 13 Should I self publish my game?
- 14 Do game publishers fund games?
Where can I post indie games?
5 best platforms to publish your indie game
- Steam. Cost: $100 recoupable publishing fee for each game and the 70/30 revenue split.
- GOG. Cost: Submitting your game on GOG is free, but the revenue split is 70/30.
- Itch.io. Cost: Submission is free and sharing revenue with the platform is optional.
- Gamers Gate.
- Game Jolt.
Can you publish a game on Steam for free?
Hey, yes you can submit your game for free using Steam Greenlight. Once your project is approved to be on Steam Greenlight it’ll be asked by people to vote upon and if your game comes out to be accepted by the community you will be easily accepted without any costs.
Do I need a publisher for my indie game?
If your experience is mainly in developing games but you have limited experience with the business side of things, you should definitely consider a publisher if you want to scale. But if you want to remain small and maintain full control, self-publishing may be a good option.
Can I publish my own game?
Self-publishing means you’re in charge of marketing your own game. You’re in charge of user acquisition and getting your game known—while shouldering all the costs. It means all the expenses associated with funding, developing, testing, marketing, and releasing the game are entirely up to you.
How do I get my indie game noticed?
Here are a few effective ways to get your indie game noticed:
- Join groups, post relevant content in those groups. Participate in #screenshotsaturday.
- Grow your Twitter fanbase. Post often.
- Create a subreddit.
- Make consistent updates about your game.
Where can I upload my game for free?
The 5 Best Free Places to Publish Your Game
- ITCH.IO. Itch.io is hands down the best platform available for indie game publishing.
- INDIEGAMESTAND. IndieGameStand is a robust platform to market your game, and is great for strong short term sales if you choose their pay-what-you-want deal.
- ROAST MY GAME.
Can I put my game on Steam?
Valve announced today that anyone will be able to publish games on Steam through its previously announced Steam Direct program for “a $100 recoupable publishing fee per game.”
How much does it cost to publish a game?
The exact licensing fee varies based on the manufacturer, as well as any deals they may give a publisher, but it can generally be anywhere from $3 to $10 per unit.
Can I sell a game made with Unity?
You can absolutely sell commercial games made in the Personal Edition of Unity. To do this, you must meet the requirements to use Unity Personal Edition. This is that you did not earn or receive more than $100,000 in revenue or funding in the most recent 12 month period.
How much does it cost to publish a Unity game?
Unity charges nothing for publishing of individual titles. Unity charges per-month for a subscription to their Pro-license, and a one-time charge if you just want to buy a Pro-license outright. But they don’t charge anything additional for actually publishing to digital stores.
Where should I post my games?
11 Places to Publish & Release Your Indie Game
- Steam. Steam offers the largest and most well established PC distribution service around.
- Itch.io. Itch is an excellent platform for indie game developers.
- Game Jolt.
- Humble Bundle.
- Gamers Gate.
- Game House.
Why do game developers need a publisher?
A publisher gives at least general guidelines to a developer what sort of game they want and then handle the money side of things while the developer focuses on making the game. Publishers will also have better access and more experience in how to effectively market and sell the game as well.
Should I self publish my game?
Limpach believes self-publishing is a legitimate route to market, but it may be more painful to go it alone if it’s your first game. In the long term, it can be a good idea to mix both approaches depending on the project, as some games may need more support than others.
Do game publishers fund games?
They often finance the development, sometimes by paying a video game developer (the publisher calls this external development) and sometimes by paying an internal staff of developers called a studio.