- 1 How do I get my indie game noticed?
- 2 How long does the average indie game take to make?
- 3 Where can I promote my indie game?
- 4 What percentage of Indie Games are successful?
- 5 Who is the richest game maker?
- 6 How can I make my indie game successful?
- 7 How many people make an indie game?
- 8 Why does game development take so long?
- 9 What is the most successful indie game?
- 10 Where can I advertise my game?
- 11 Is Minecraft an indie?
- 12 Is there money in indie games?
- 13 Is being an indie game developer worth it?
- 14 Why do indie games fail?
How do I get my indie game noticed?
Here are a few effective ways to get your indie game noticed:
- Join groups, post relevant content in those groups. Participate in #screenshotsaturday.
- Grow your Twitter fanbase. Post often.
- Create a subreddit.
- Make consistent updates about your game.
How long does the average indie game take to make?
The average casual game probably takes 2–6 months to make, while the typical AAA game averages 18–36 months (with the biggest titles taking as long as 5 years to develop).
Where can I promote my indie game?
#1 – Promote your game in indie dev forums
- Dream In Code.
- Game Dev Stack Exchange.
What percentage of Indie Games are successful?
So it’s save to say that less than 2/10 indie games are ever profitable. I’ve recently done some analysis on this and over 50% of indie games never make more than $4,000 on Steam.
Who is the richest game maker?
The Richest Video Game Developers In The World [Updated 2021]
- Valve — $4 Billion.
- King — $5.69 Billion.
- Nintendo — $20.11 Billion.
- Electronic Arts — $22.90 Billion.
- Activision Blizzard — $29.23 Billion.
- Sony Entertainment — $45 Billion.
- Tencent — $48 Billion.
- Microsoft — $1 Trillion.
How can I make my indie game successful?
What makes an indie game successful?
- Graphics & design are a minimum requirement.
- Gameplay & story matters, but only up to a point.
- Top games are better rated.
- Some genres are more successful than others.
- Low prices don’t lead to success.
- Accessibility is important.
- If you’re doing one thing right, make it marketing.
How many people make an indie game?
On an average it takes a team of 15–20 people to make an indie game.
Why does game development take so long?
There are a handful of reasons why video games take a long time to make. One of the reasons is that they require a lot of money, talented staff and resources to make a game. For example, minecraft was developed by a team of less than 1000 people and Yacht Club Games was less than a team of 100!
What is the most successful indie game?
Minecraft. Markus Alexej Persson, more famously known as Notch, is the creator of Minecraft, the most wildly successfully indie game of all time.
Where can I advertise my game?
Where to Promote Your Indie Game
- #1 – Indie Gaming And Development Forums.
- #2 – Social Media Platforms & Groups.
- #3 – Product Hunt.
- #4 – Reddit / Play My Game.
- #5 – Game Review Sites.
- #6 – Alternative App Stores For More Exposure.
Is Minecraft an indie?
Minecraft is the definition of a decade-defining game. While it initially came out in 2009, its full release wasn’t until 2011, and in the years that followed it became the most successful indie game of all time.
Is there money in indie games?
It’s possible to make money off of indie games. In Eric Barone’s experience, he worked diligently for four years on the beloved Stardew Valley by himself. “Stardew Valley probably earned about $24 million last year. Steam Spy thinks that it earned $9.2 million in March after it released on February 26.
Is being an indie game developer worth it?
Indie games are not a get-rich-quick scheme. You’ll be working very hard at something unpredictable which may never pay off. If you feel like you need to make games, or even that they interest you on a deep level, it’s probably worth taking a stab at it.
Why do indie games fail?
The main reasons indie games fail are over saturation and the lack of marketing. With so many marketing strategies out there, gaming studios have to adapt to the one that suits their game the most. Most of the times the marketing falls short for a game, making the game a tough sell.