- 1 How do I market my first indie game?
- 2 Is my game good enough to sell?
- 3 Can I increase the price of my game on Steam?
- 4 What is the most successful indie game?
- 5 Where can I promote my indie game?
- 6 Are indie games successful?
- 7 How much money does the average indie game make?
- 8 What percentage of indie games are successful?
- 9 How many copies does an average indie game sell?
- 10 Is Steam for free?
- 11 How much does it cost to publish a Steam game?
How do I market my first indie game?
A Simple 10-Step Guide to Indie Game Marketing
- Start with focusing on ASO.
- Focus 100% on your soft launch.
- Get your game reviewed.
- Leverage the power of word of mouth.
- Get yourself some paparazzi.
- Tap into the power of social media.
- Become active on forums and communities.
- Leverage cross-promotion.
Is my game good enough to sell?
If your game works as intended (is maintainable, doesn’t have security holes, scales well to all the normal use cases) then your code is ‘good enough’. Everything beyond that is your personal desire to get better (that’s not a bad thing to have, but if you don’t, it shouldn’t stop you from publishing).
Can I increase the price of my game on Steam?
You could raise your price as you transition out of Early Access and not run a discount. You could raise your price more than 30 days before you release out of Early Access, and then run a discount to go with your V1. 0 release.
What is the most successful indie game?
Minecraft. Markus Alexej Persson, more famously known as Notch, is the creator of Minecraft, the most wildly successfully indie game of all time.
Where can I promote my indie game?
Where to Promote Your Indie Game
- #1 – Indie Gaming And Development Forums.
- #2 – Social Media Platforms & Groups.
- #3 – Product Hunt.
- #4 – Reddit / Play My Game.
- #5 – Game Review Sites.
- #6 – Alternative App Stores For More Exposure.
Are indie games successful?
Though most only see a modest amount of success, some indie games have etched their way into video game history by becoming must-have titles. Though most only see a modest amount of success, some indie games have etched their way into video game history by becoming must-have titles in any player’s library.
How much money does the average indie game make?
An average indie game makes $3,947 (this is actually median, average is not a good measure as it’s significantly distorted by top earners). Over 2/3 of the games don’t cross $10,000 in life time earnings. However, the top 1/3 of the indie games are doing pretty well.
What percentage of indie games are successful?
So it’s save to say that less than 2/10 indie games are ever profitable. I’ve recently done some analysis on this and over 50% of indie games never make more than $4,000 on Steam.
How many copies does an average indie game sell?
there is no basic answer…it varies from film to film, book to book and game to game. On Steam, the median is 2,000 units. Ten years ago, it was more than 20,000, but there are so many indie games on Steam now, the sales numbers are massively diluted. This is actually last year’s info; it might be down to 1,000 by now.
Is Steam for free?
Steam itself is free to use, and free to download. Here’s how to get Steam, and start finding your own favorite games.
How much does it cost to publish a Steam game?
Valve recently announced that the fee for submitting to Steam Direct will be $100 per game. That’s right. For $100, anyone will be able to put a game on Steam. This is a huge relief for many indie developers.