- 1 How do I promote my indie game?
- 2 How can I sell my indie game?
- 3 How do I advertise my own game?
- 4 Where can I show my indie game?
- 5 What is the most successful indie game?
- 6 How can I make my indie game successful?
- 7 Do indie developers make money?
- 8 How much should I sell my indie game for?
- 9 How much do indie games sell for?
- 10 How do I get my game noticed?
- 11 How much does it cost to advertise your game?
- 12 How do you get people to buy your game?
- 13 How can I promote my indie game for free?
- 14 Where can I upload my game for free?
- 15 How do I sell my game to a publisher?
How do I promote my indie game?
Where to Promote Your Indie Game
- #1 – Indie Gaming And Development Forums.
- #2 – Social Media Platforms & Groups.
- #3 – Product Hunt.
- #4 – Reddit / Play My Game.
- #5 – Game Review Sites.
- #6 – Alternative App Stores For More Exposure.
How can I sell my indie game?
3 ways to sell your indie games
- Sell via platforms for gamers. Some of the most popular distribution platforms include Steam, Desura, and GOG.
- Sell to business. As opposed to gamer’s distribution platforms, developers can also sell their games to wholesale and retail businesses.
- Sell via your own website.
How do I advertise my own game?
Don’t miss anything!
- Send your game to several publishers.
- Beta ready and soft launch.
- Work on your ASO.
- Send your game to several stores.
- Run paid campaigns in social media: Facebook, Instagram, Messenger…
- Google Ads Universal App Campaigns (UAC)
- Display Network Ads.
- Cross-promotion with other games.
Where can I show my indie game?
http://www.igdb.com/indie Internet Game Database is a good place to add your indie game. Essentially any game related forum. It’s not easy ‘getting it out there. Then, indie communities:
- www.moddb.com (well, sorta the same as indiedb, the forums are actually shared)
What is the most successful indie game?
Minecraft. Markus Alexej Persson, more famously known as Notch, is the creator of Minecraft, the most wildly successfully indie game of all time.
How can I make my indie game successful?
What makes an indie game successful?
- Graphics & design are a minimum requirement.
- Gameplay & story matters, but only up to a point.
- Top games are better rated.
- Some genres are more successful than others.
- Low prices don’t lead to success.
- Accessibility is important.
- If you’re doing one thing right, make it marketing.
Do indie developers make money?
It’s possible to make money off of indie games. In Eric Barone’s experience, he worked diligently for four years on the beloved Stardew Valley by himself. All while holding down another job and living off of more meager savings. “Stardew Valley probably earned about $24 million last year.
How much should I sell my indie game for?
When looking at 2 of the most popular price tags for indie games – $4.99 and $9.99, a developer should at least consider the possibility of pricing the game at $14.99 or $19.99. You can sell half the copies and still make more money when you price them at $19.99 rather than $9.99.
How much do indie games sell for?
These games never generate enough revenue to cover the development time and other costs. An average indie game makes $3,947 (this is actually median, average is not a good measure as it’s significantly distorted by top earners).
How do I get my game noticed?
Here are a few effective ways to get your indie game noticed:
- Join groups, post relevant content in those groups. Participate in #screenshotsaturday.
- Grow your Twitter fanbase. Post often.
- Create a subreddit.
- Make consistent updates about your game.
How much does it cost to advertise your game?
Summary: It costs about $50,000 to market an indie game. Branding takes about 2 weeks to complete, it will cost you about $7,000 to do yourself, or about that to outsource. A trailer takes about 1 week to produce, costs you about $4,000 to do yourself, and maybe less to outsource.
How do you get people to buy your game?
Post your video on forums, etc.. Put a link to your game in your signature on forums. Make facebook posts. Pay for a simple 1-day ad on Facebook and see how many people buy your game.
How can I promote my indie game for free?
#1 – Promote your game in indie dev forums Most indie game dev forums have special boards or threads set up specifically for promotion. You can post screenshots, character stories, game trailers, download links, and so much more. Give these forums a try! Make sure that, when you post, you are open to feedback.
Where can I upload my game for free?
The 5 Best Free Places to Publish Your Game
- ITCH.IO. Itch.io is hands down the best platform available for indie game publishing.
- INDIEGAMESTAND. IndieGameStand is a robust platform to market your game, and is great for strong short term sales if you choose their pay-what-you-want deal.
- ROAST MY GAME.
How do I sell my game to a publisher?
7 Tips for Getting Your Game Published
- Go to conventions. Pitching publishers at conventions is a very effective tactic.
- Be respectful!
- Have a good elevator pitch.
- Be able to explain the core of your game in 15 minutes or less.
- Develop relationships and add value.
- Take feedback well.
- Don’t focus on money at first.