- 1 Where can I find indie game developers?
- 2 How do I find a team for a game?
- 3 Can I sell my indie game to a big company?
- 4 Can I pay someone to make my game?
- 5 How do I hire a game developer?
- 6 How much does it cost to hire a game developer?
- 7 What do you need in a game development team?
- 8 How much does it cost to make a game?
- 9 How big is a game development team?
- 10 What is the most successful indie game?
- 11 How much money can you make from indie games?
- 12 How much money do indie mobile games make?
- 13 How do I become a freelance game developer?
- 14 How do I hire an artist for a game?
- 15 How much does it cost to hire a pixel artist?
Where can I find indie game developers?
To help you out here are five indie game development communities that you should check out!
- Reddit (r/gamedev) r/gamedev is one of the most popular places for game devs.
- Slack (IndieDev)
- Discord (Game Dev League)
- 4. Facebook (IndieGameDevs)
- Reddit (r/IndieGaming)
How do I find a team for a game?
When looking for a team, try family members or close friends. Making a game with your brother is a great idea if you have the right kind of relationship. Don’t just say let’s make a game and then sit around all day playing games. If you can form a team with people face-to-face, do it.
Can I sell my indie game to a big company?
Sell to business As opposed to gamer’s distribution platforms, developers can also sell their games to wholesale and retail businesses. You can easily submit your game to the platform and offer it to business clients globally with CodesWholesale.com.
Can I pay someone to make my game?
The answer to this question is simple. After all the specifics mentioned above, you have two options; Hire a professional game developer from freelancing sites or hire a game development company like DeveloperHouse (https://developerhouse.com ).
How do I hire a game developer?
Options for finding dedicated game devs
- Game development communities — TIGSource, IndieDB, Develteam can be a starting point where to look for game developers;
- Online freelance networks like Upwork;
- Online hiring platforms such as us, YouTeam, provide more advanced sourcing options for offshore developers.
How much does it cost to hire a game developer?
Well, generally the hourly cost to hire a game app developer is $20 to $30 depending on the project specifications. This may vary according to employment policies. The gaming industry offers some of the most challenging career opportunities.
What do you need in a game development team?
How To Form A Solid Indie Game Development Team
- Programmer. Your idea can be the best thing ever, but without a programmer it will probably never come to life.
- Sound Designer/Composer.
- Project Manager.
- Quality Assurance / Tester.
How much does it cost to make a game?
A game development process may take from one month to a few years. You will sum the costs of a development team with rights, devices and software costs, and get the right amount. So, a game can cost you from $500 for a simple version with limited features to $300 mln for an action-adventure video game.
How big is a game development team?
The development of a complete game usually involves a team of 20–100 individuals with various responsibilities, including designers, artists, programmers, and testers.
What is the most successful indie game?
Minecraft. Markus Alexej Persson, more famously known as Notch, is the creator of Minecraft, the most wildly successfully indie game of all time.
How much money can you make from indie games?
Steam game revenue estimates Over 50% of indie games never make more than $4,000. These games never generate enough revenue to cover the development time and other costs. An average indie game makes $3,947 (this is actually median, average is not a good measure as it’s significantly distorted by top earners).
How much money do indie mobile games make?
A typical (median) indie game makes about $13k. Top 25% of indie games make over $44k. Top 15% make over $108k.
How do I become a freelance game developer?
If you want to work as a freelance game developer you need to be able to show your client what you can do. The first thing to do is to build your portfolio with all the games that you’ve made. If you have none, then it’s time to start making one. And remember to publish your game even if you think it’s not beautiful.
How do I hire an artist for a game?
Choosing The Right Artist
- First, trash the rule-breakers.
- Then, go through each portfolio.
- Next, make a list of the artists whose work you like.
- Choose between quality and price.
- Write a contract.
- Finally, go back to your job postings and either delete them or update them.
How much does it cost to hire a pixel artist?
Hourly rates: In the US, hourly rates for pixel artists vary from $15 per hour up to a cap around $50 per hour for the best artists on the most well-funded projects.