- 1 How do indie games get popular?
- 2 How much should I sell my indie game for?
- 3 Can I sell my indie game to a big company?
- 4 What is the most successful indie game?
- 5 Why do indie games fail?
- 6 How do I make my game popular?
- 7 How do I get my game noticed?
- 8 How do you get people to buy your game?
- 9 Do indie developers make money?
- 10 How much does it cost to make an indie game by yourself?
- 11 How do you make an indie game successful?
- 12 How much do indie games earn?
- 13 How much can you make off an indie game?
How do indie games get popular?
“Through Social Media, indie games have communities of great supporters, through blogs, they could be marketed on any platforms (for example a game called Hundred Games, could be marketed on a wine themed blog/website…:-) So, there is much more flexibility!”
How much should I sell my indie game for?
When looking at 2 of the most popular price tags for indie games – $4.99 and $9.99, a developer should at least consider the possibility of pricing the game at $14.99 or $19.99. You can sell half the copies and still make more money when you price them at $19.99 rather than $9.99.
Can I sell my indie game to a big company?
Sell to business As opposed to gamer’s distribution platforms, developers can also sell their games to wholesale and retail businesses. You can easily submit your game to the platform and offer it to business clients globally with CodesWholesale.com.
What is the most successful indie game?
Minecraft. Markus Alexej Persson, more famously known as Notch, is the creator of Minecraft, the most wildly successfully indie game of all time.
Why do indie games fail?
The main reasons indie games fail are over saturation and the lack of marketing. With so many marketing strategies out there, gaming studios have to adapt to the one that suits their game the most. Most of the times the marketing falls short for a game, making the game a tough sell.
How do I make my game popular?
Game Development 101: How To Make A Popular Game
- Social currency. Make your game social and sales will roll in quickly.
- Iconic Moments. If a game is able create special memories for players, this means that the title does a great job at making a lasting impression.
- Utility and practicality.
How do I get my game noticed?
Here are a few effective ways to get your indie game noticed:
- Join groups, post relevant content in those groups. Participate in #screenshotsaturday.
- Grow your Twitter fanbase. Post often.
- Create a subreddit.
- Make consistent updates about your game.
How do you get people to buy your game?
Post your video on forums, etc.. Put a link to your game in your signature on forums. Make facebook posts. Pay for a simple 1-day ad on Facebook and see how many people buy your game.
Do indie developers make money?
It’s possible to make money off of indie games. In Eric Barone’s experience, he worked diligently for four years on the beloved Stardew Valley by himself. All while holding down another job and living off of more meager savings. “Stardew Valley probably earned about $24 million last year.
How much does it cost to make an indie game by yourself?
If I had to answer that question right away, I would say that the production of an independent video game costs, roughly speaking, between $1,000 and $10,000,000, so between one month and six years of development. Obviously, the cost will depend on the size of the project and therefore the development time.
How do you make an indie game successful?
What makes an indie game successful?
- Graphics & design are a minimum requirement.
- Gameplay & story matters, but only up to a point.
- Top games are better rated.
- Some genres are more successful than others.
- Low prices don’t lead to success.
- Accessibility is important.
- If you’re doing one thing right, make it marketing.
How much do indie games earn?
The majority (median 25 percent) of their games earn from $1,000 to $10,000. If you’re lucky, you’ll be in the next 20 percent above that, earning from $10k to 100k. But you’re more likely in the quarter below, earning only $100 to $1,000.
How much can you make off an indie game?
Over 50% of indie games never make more than $4,000. These games never generate enough revenue to cover the development time and other costs. An average indie game makes $3,947 (this is actually median, average is not a good measure as it’s significantly distorted by top earners).