- 1 How do indie games get popular?
- 2 How much should I sell my indie game for?
- 3 Can I sell my indie game to a big company?
- 4 What is the most successful indie game?
- 5 Why do indie games fail?
- 6 How do I make my game popular?
- 7 How do you get people to buy your game?
- 8 Where can I promote my indie game?
- 9 Do indie developers make money?
- 10 How do you make an indie game successful?
- 11 How much does it cost to make an indie game by yourself?
- 12 How much do indie games earn?
- 13 What percentage of indie games are successful?
How do indie games get popular?
“Through Social Media, indie games have communities of great supporters, through blogs, they could be marketed on any platforms (for example a game called Hundred Games, could be marketed on a wine themed blog/website…:-) So, there is much more flexibility!”
How much should I sell my indie game for?
When looking at 2 of the most popular price tags for indie games – $4.99 and $9.99, a developer should at least consider the possibility of pricing the game at $14.99 or $19.99. You can sell half the copies and still make more money when you price them at $19.99 rather than $9.99.
Can I sell my indie game to a big company?
Sell to business As opposed to gamer’s distribution platforms, developers can also sell their games to wholesale and retail businesses. You can easily submit your game to the platform and offer it to business clients globally with CodesWholesale.com.
What is the most successful indie game?
Minecraft. Markus Alexej Persson, more famously known as Notch, is the creator of Minecraft, the most wildly successfully indie game of all time.
Why do indie games fail?
The main reasons indie games fail are over saturation and the lack of marketing. With so many marketing strategies out there, gaming studios have to adapt to the one that suits their game the most. Most of the times the marketing falls short for a game, making the game a tough sell.
How do I make my game popular?
Game Development 101: How To Make A Popular Game
- Social currency. Make your game social and sales will roll in quickly.
- Iconic Moments. If a game is able create special memories for players, this means that the title does a great job at making a lasting impression.
- Utility and practicality.
How do you get people to buy your game?
Post your video on forums, etc.. Put a link to your game in your signature on forums. Make facebook posts. Pay for a simple 1-day ad on Facebook and see how many people buy your game.
Where can I promote my indie game?
Where to Promote Your Indie Game
- #1 – Indie Gaming And Development Forums.
- #2 – Social Media Platforms & Groups.
- #3 – Product Hunt.
- #4 – Reddit / Play My Game.
- #5 – Game Review Sites.
- #6 – Alternative App Stores For More Exposure.
Do indie developers make money?
It’s possible to make money off of indie games. In Eric Barone’s experience, he worked diligently for four years on the beloved Stardew Valley by himself. All while holding down another job and living off of more meager savings. “Stardew Valley probably earned about $24 million last year.
How do you make an indie game successful?
What makes an indie game successful?
- Graphics & design are a minimum requirement.
- Gameplay & story matters, but only up to a point.
- Top games are better rated.
- Some genres are more successful than others.
- Low prices don’t lead to success.
- Accessibility is important.
- If you’re doing one thing right, make it marketing.
How much does it cost to make an indie game by yourself?
If I had to answer that question right away, I would say that the production of an independent video game costs, roughly speaking, between $1,000 and $10,000,000, so between one month and six years of development. Obviously, the cost will depend on the size of the project and therefore the development time.
How much do indie games earn?
The majority (median 25 percent) of their games earn from $1,000 to $10,000. If you’re lucky, you’ll be in the next 20 percent above that, earning from $10k to 100k. But you’re more likely in the quarter below, earning only $100 to $1,000.
What percentage of indie games are successful?
So it’s save to say that less than 2/10 indie games are ever profitable. I’ve recently done some analysis on this and over 50% of indie games never make more than $4,000 on Steam.