- 1 How do I publish an indie game on Steam?
- 2 How do I publish a game on Steam?
- 3 Can you self publish on Steam?
- 4 How much does Steam take from indie?
- 5 Can I sell Steam games?
- 6 Can I sell my Steam account?
- 7 Does Unity own my game?
- 8 Where can I publish my game for free?
- 9 How old do you have to be to upload a game to Steam?
- 10 How much does it cost to publish to Steam?
- 11 How does Steam make money from sales?
- 12 Do I need a company to publish on Steam?
- 13 Is Steam for free?
- 14 Does Steam take 30%?
- 15 Can you make money on Steam?
How do I publish an indie game on Steam?
You will need to publish your game through Steam Direct and by joining their Steamworks Distribution program. There is a submission fee of $100 per product, which is recoupable after your product/game has made $1000 from the steam store.
How do I publish a game on Steam?
How to release a game on Steam
- Set up a Steam page early.
- Don’t sleep on your developer profile.
- Wishlists are vital to boosting sales.
- Be specific with your game tags.
- Choose the languages you support carefully.
Can you self publish on Steam?
Self-publishing on Steam is a fast and straightforward method that will put your game in front of a ready-made audience with a minimal amount of work. Below are our tips and tricks for publishing your game on Steam the easy way.
How much does Steam take from indie?
Compared to Epic’s 12 percent cut, Steam takes 30 percent on sales under $10 million. For sales between $10 million and $50 million it drops down to 25 percent, and 20 percent for anything above that. Valve previously took a flat 30 percent on all sales but had to respond to Epic’s incursions.
Can I sell Steam games?
Currently, you can only sell a game on Steam if you’re the official owner or developer. You can’t sell a game you bought from Valve – Steam’s parent company – or from third parties. At the point of purchase, you’re required to declare whether you’re buying the game for your own use or as a gift for some other user.
Can I sell my Steam account?
Regardless of your reason, it’s now possible to sell your Steam account. But before you do it, keep in mind Steam doesn’t permit it. Again, it will mean the irreversible access of your account, games, friend lists and everything else you loved about your Steam account.
Does Unity own my game?
No, they don’t own your game. In Unity’s EULA you can find relevant information about how the license between the developer and Unity works out.
Where can I publish my game for free?
The 5 Best Free Places to Publish Your Game
- ITCH.IO. Itch.io is hands down the best platform available for indie game publishing.
- INDIEGAMESTAND. IndieGameStand is a robust platform to market your game, and is great for strong short term sales if you choose their pay-what-you-want deal.
- ROAST MY GAME.
How old do you have to be to upload a game to Steam?
If you upload projects, you’re a Publisher. Users must be 13 or older. Publishers must be at least 18 or have the legal right to enter into this agreement.
How much does it cost to publish to Steam?
Valve recently announced that the fee for submitting to Steam Direct will be $100 per game. That’s right. For $100, anyone will be able to put a game on Steam. This is a huge relief for many indie developers.
How does Steam make money from sales?
Steam operates on a commission-based business model, where Steam takes a percentage cut from all the sales made on its platform. Steam and Amazon are considered to have utilized and brought this model to the forefront via each of their wildly successful online [distribution] stores.
Do I need a company to publish on Steam?
There is no specified age, according to Steam Direct guidelines, but you will need tax info to be made available, which would assume age of majority in your area. You do not need to create a company.
Is Steam for free?
Steam itself is free to use, and free to download. Here’s how to get Steam, and start finding your own favorite games.
Does Steam take 30%?
Steam is the dominant PC game distributor by far, but the majority of game developers don’t think Valve is earning its 30% revenue cut. In a survey of over 3,000 game industry professionals (mostly from North America and Europe), only 3% said that it’s fair for stores such as Steam and GOG to take 30% of their revenue.
Can you make money on Steam?
The only way for you to make actual money on Steam is to distribute original games on Steam Direct. Through this method, you will get paid depending on the revenue from your game sales. This will include even the in-game purchases.