- 1 How do I get my music on the charts?
- 2 How do I get my indie music heard?
- 3 How do I make an indie chart?
- 4 How can I promote my music with no money?
- 5 Where can I upload my own music?
- 6 How do you make a hit song?
- 7 How do you get a song to number 1?
- 8 How many singles do you need to sell to get to number 1?
- 9 How do I make my song go viral?
- 10 How do you become an independent artist?
- 11 How do artists get on Billboard?
How do I get my music on the charts?
Here are the 6 Secrets To Hit The Billboard Charts:
- Build a blog worthy story around your music.
- Set up Pre-Order on iTunes.
- Set up Spotify Windowing.
- Add credits and Liner notes to your release(s)
- Make a viral video:
- Syndicate your song as widely as possible:
How do I get my indie music heard?
Note: This article contains affiliate links where the author may receive a commission.
- Promote your email list.
- Send your music to a radio station.
- Reach out to a music blog for a review.
- Post on social media.
- Comment on something that interest you.
- Write a blog post.
- Reach out to a playlist curator.
- Look at your analytics.
How do I make an indie chart?
If you’re an independent musician, you absolutely must get a UPC code for your album. Aside from the ability to sell the album in stores, you increase your chance of moving towards the charts. To become a Heatseeker, you need to sell, on average, 450 to 500 albums in the first week.
How can I promote my music with no money?
20 Ways To Market Your Act Or Your Music For Little Or No Money
- Send your music to music bloggers.
- Get your CD reviewed, especially by influential reviewers.
- If appropriate, offer to license one or more of your songs to a nonprofit for free for use in a promotional video or TV commercial.
Where can I upload my own music?
We have listed the 10 best platforms for uploading, sharing, and promoting music over the internet.
- Your Own Website. At the top of our list is your very own website.
- YouTube Artist Hub.
- CD Baby.
- Apple Music.
How do you make a hit song?
5 Tips to Turn Good Songs into Hit Songs
- Include Unique Melodic Elements and Unexpected Melodic Intervals.
- Add Instrumental Hooks.
- Incorporate Fresh Rhythms.
- A Fresh Lyric Concept and Title.
- Incorporating Nonsense Syllables/Non-Lyric Vocal Hooks.
How do you get a song to number 1?
‘ A record needs to be playlisted’ In order for the public to like your song enough for it to be number one, they have to hear it – a lot. One way that often happens is for it to be playlisted by BBC Radio 1 or 1Xtra (and other radio and TV stations) before it’s released.
How many singles do you need to sell to get to number 1?
Contrary to much myth, you currently need to sell more music to make the Official Singles Charts than for many years – the average Official Number 1 single has sold between 100,000 and 110,000 copies a week in 2013 and 2014, while you have needed to sell 7,500 to 8,000 copies to make the top 40.
Here are the 14 ways to make your song go viral:
- CREATE SHARE-WORTHY CONTENT.
- FIND YOUR TARGET MARKET AND AIM TOWARDS THEM.
- TELL YOUR STORY AND BE 100% AUTHENTIC.
- NETWORK WITH INFLUENCERS AND ADD VALUE TO THEM.
- GROWTH HACK YOUR WAY TO FAME.
- DON’T CONCENTRATE ONLY ON THE ENDGAME.
- USE YOUR CONNECTIONS.
How do you become an independent artist?
Finding success as an Independent Artist
- Writing and performing your own original music is a big part of being a musician, whether its a solo effort or as part of a band.
- Write Write Write!
- Practice, Practice, Practice.
- Get Out There and Gig.
- Always Make a Good Impression.
- Be Your Own Manager.
- Social Media.
How do artists get on Billboard?
How does an artist get their music on the Billboard charts? In order for artists and title to chart in Billboard, they must be among the higher ranked performers among the specific metric used to compile the chart.