- 1 How do you structure an indie song?
- 2 What are examples of indie?
- 3 How can you tell an indie song?
- 4 What makes a good indie song?
- 5 What are some good song titles?
- 6 Is Billie Eilish indie?
- 7 Why is indie music so boring?
- 8 Is indie pop popular?
- 9 What are examples of indie songs?
- 10 Who is the best indie pop?
- 11 Does indie music still exist?
- 12 What is an indie girl?
- 13 What is an example of indie rock?
How do you structure an indie song?
- Intro: It’s the first thing the listener hears, so it should be catchy in some way.
- Verse: Lyrically, verses are where you tell the story.
- Pre-Chorus: It’s usually a relatively short section that serves as a transition to set up the chorus.
- Chorus: The lyrics of the chorus provide the central message of the song.
What are examples of indie?
- Arcade Fire.
- Archers of Loaf.
- Blood Red Shoes.
- Death Cab for Cutie.
- Franz Ferdinand.
- Modest Mouse.
- Sonic Youth.
How can you tell an indie song?
Indie music is hard to define because the sound isn’t formulaic and the genre contains a lot of variation. The one way to really recognise indie music is by the tone of it. First listen to any song by the Indie pop artist Lana Del Rey, then Coldplay, then The Look by Metronomy. All varied under the same genre.
What makes a good indie song?
Give the song a random and slightly unfitting melody, but one that is pleasant to listen to. Instead of singing some lines, say them if they require emphasis. Choose which instruments your song is best accompanied with. The instruments you choose have a strong effect on the mood of the song, so choose wisely.
What are some good song titles?
- Walking Home.
- Say It to Me Softly.
- What’s Stopping You?
- In My Arms Tonight.
- Touch the Moon.
- Racing to Somewhere.
- Blue Waters.
Is Billie Eilish indie?
Billie Eilish is an indie pop phenomenal singer. She has Tourettes Syndrome yet she manages to write and perform her music. She is very original and even tape records sounds to use on her recordings.
Why is indie music so boring?
Pop and indie music are also the most generic (i.e. replaceable) genres, designed to be super-accessible to as many people as possible, which makes them boring to begin with. If you’re reasonably intelligent, you will “graduate” from this stage and move into something with a bit more identity.
Is indie pop popular?
The indie pop genre has become arguably even more popular today with the use of indie pop songs on modern radio stations — even stations that claim to play only mainstream pop songs. Plenty of popular music today is actually indie music created by independent bands and artists.
What are examples of indie songs?
The 50 Best Indie Songs of The Decade
- Arcade Fire – Sprawl II (Mountains Beyond Mountains)
- Beach House – 10 Mile Stereo.
- Grimes – Oblivion.
- Mitski – Your Best American Girl.
- Bon Iver – Holocene.
- M83 – Midnight City.
- Vampire Weekend – Hannah Hunt.
- Tame Impala – Let It Happen.
Who is the best indie pop?
Best indie pop bands
- Beat Happening. Often seen as one of the originators of the indie-pop sound, Beat Happening were an American three piece led by indie polymath Calvin Johnson.
- The Field Mice.
- Orange Juice.
- The Pastels.
- The Monochrome Set.
- The Go Betweens.
- The Wedding Present.
- The Smiths.
Does indie music still exist?
But what was left of the music industry, and the media attention that surrounded it, now focused its energy on bubblegum pop, R&B and hip-hop, and, later, electronic dance music. Indie, of course, would continue to live, through festivals like Glastonbury in the UK and Coachella in California.
What is an indie girl?
Indie girls are nice and fun to be around. Because they are willing to be individual, they respect others’ individuality and never make fun of it. People may object to how you dress or what you listen to, but the point of being an indie is to be brave enough to be who you want and what you are.
What is an example of indie rock?
10 Top Examples. When you hear the term “indie music”, any number of bands might come to mind. Modest Mouse, Bon Iver, Arcade Fire, The Smiths, Belle and Sebastian, The National, Mac DeMarco – these artists represent the indie music scene, and yet they are all different.