- 1 How do I promote an indie game on twitter?
- 2 How do I become a successful indie game developer?
- 3 Is it hard to be an indie game developer?
- 4 Where can I post my indie game?
- 5 What is the most successful indie game?
- 6 Why do most indie games fail?
- 7 Is there money in game development?
- 8 Is it worth being an indie developer?
- 9 Can indie developers make money?
How do I promote an indie game on twitter?
Techniques for building a big twitter following:
- Be funny on Twitter.
- Create a very GIF-able game.
- Create a game that Twitter loves.
- Release an incredibly popular game.
- Appear at big shows and events.
- Support the indie community with a lot of Follow Friday or related content.
How do I become a successful indie game developer?
What makes an indie game successful?
- Graphics & design are a minimum requirement.
- Gameplay & story matters, but only up to a point.
- Top games are better rated.
- Some genres are more successful than others.
- Low prices don’t lead to success.
- Accessibility is important.
- If you’re doing one thing right, make it marketing.
Is it hard to be an indie game developer?
To answer to your question, this is very difficult. It’s not any difficulty in being a game developer. Create few projects, publish them on many sites and you’re done!
Where can I post my indie game?
11 Places to Publish & Release Your Indie Game
- Steam. Steam offers the largest and most well established PC distribution service around.
- Itch.io. Itch is an excellent platform for indie game developers.
- Game Jolt.
- Humble Bundle.
- Gamers Gate.
- Game House.
What is the most successful indie game?
Minecraft. Markus Alexej Persson, more famously known as Notch, is the creator of Minecraft, the most wildly successfully indie game of all time.
Why do most indie games fail?
The main reasons indie games fail are over saturation and the lack of marketing. With so many marketing strategies out there, gaming studios have to adapt to the one that suits their game the most. Most of the times the marketing falls short for a game, making the game a tough sell.
Is there money in game development?
The publisher pays the developer a negotiated fee for developing the game, and then they part ways. The developer gets no money from sales or other revenues, and has no other rights to the game, including to its characters.
Is it worth being an indie developer?
Indie games are not a get-rich-quick scheme. You’ll be working very hard at something unpredictable which may never pay off. If you feel like you need to make games, or even that they interest you on a deep level, it’s probably worth taking a stab at it.
Can indie developers make money?
It’s possible to make money off of indie games. This should motivate game developers with a vision and a dream to bring an indie game to life and perhaps launch it on Steam to critical and commercial acclaim.