- 1 Where can I find indie game developers?
- 2 How do I get started with indie game development?
- 3 How do you find new game developers?
- 4 How much do indie game developers make per game?
- 5 How do I talk to a game developer?
- 6 What is the most successful indie game?
- 7 Who is the richest game maker?
- 8 Do indie games make money?
- 9 Can I pay someone to make a game?
- 10 How much does it cost to hire a game developer?
- 11 How do I find game coders?
- 12 Is being an indie game developer worth it?
- 13 What percentage of indie games are successful?
- 14 Is being a game developer worth it?
Where can I find indie game developers?
To help you out here are five indie game development communities that you should check out!
- Reddit (r/gamedev) r/gamedev is one of the most popular places for game devs.
- Slack (IndieDev)
- Discord (Game Dev League)
- 4. Facebook (IndieGameDevs)
- Reddit (r/IndieGaming)
How do I get started with indie game development?
6 Steps to Getting Started in Indie Game Development
- Pick a (Small) Idea. New game developers are often inspired by the games they like to play.
- Pick an Engine or Framework.
- Create the Prototype.
- Find Assets.
- Turn it into a Complete Game.
- Start Something New!
How do you find new game developers?
Options for finding dedicated game devs
- Game development communities — TIGSource, IndieDB, Develteam can be a starting point where to look for game developers;
- Online freelance networks like Upwork;
- Online hiring platforms such as us, YouTeam, provide more advanced sourcing options for offshore developers.
How much do indie game developers make per game?
How much can your first indie game make? This question has been answered many times in the last year and we now know some important things about full or part-time independent as well as hobbyist iOS game developers: The majority (median 25 percent) of their games earn from $1,000 to $10,000.
How do I talk to a game developer?
Conversing with your fellow developer
- First be on time.
- Thank them right away.
- Set a timer for how long you told them the call will take.
- Restate your question clearly.
- Be very clear about your goals.
- Listen and take notes.
- Don’t ask how much money they made.
What is the most successful indie game?
Minecraft. Markus Alexej Persson, more famously known as Notch, is the creator of Minecraft, the most wildly successfully indie game of all time.
Who is the richest game maker?
The Richest Video Game Developers In The World [Updated 2021]
- Valve — $4 Billion.
- King — $5.69 Billion.
- Nintendo — $20.11 Billion.
- Electronic Arts — $22.90 Billion.
- Activision Blizzard — $29.23 Billion.
- Sony Entertainment — $45 Billion.
- Tencent — $48 Billion.
- Microsoft — $1 Trillion.
Do indie games make money?
Bottom quartile of games make under $5k. A typical (median) indie game makes about $13k. Top 25% of indie games make over $44k. Top 15% make over $108k.
Can I pay someone to make a game?
The answer to this question is simple. After all the specifics mentioned above, you have two options; Hire a professional game developer from freelancing sites or hire a game development company like DeveloperHouse (https://developerhouse.com ).
How much does it cost to hire a game developer?
Well, generally the hourly cost to hire a game app developer is $20 to $30 depending on the project specifications. This may vary according to employment policies. The gaming industry offers some of the most challenging career opportunities.
How do I find game coders?
Your can find developers for hire at Gamasutra – Contractors and GameDev.net. If your game has a modest scope and is sufficiently spec’d out, you may be able to find a competent programmer on Craigslist to implement it.
Is being an indie game developer worth it?
Indie games are not a get-rich-quick scheme. You’ll be working very hard at something unpredictable which may never pay off. If you feel like you need to make games, or even that they interest you on a deep level, it’s probably worth taking a stab at it.
What percentage of indie games are successful?
So it’s save to say that less than 2/10 indie games are ever profitable. I’ve recently done some analysis on this and over 50% of indie games never make more than $4,000 on Steam.
Is being a game developer worth it?
A career in game programming and design can be worth it if that’s what you enjoy doing. The hours can be long, the work environment can be stressful, and there is always the risk of being laid off even after launching a successful project, but at many game studios, the pay can be good.