- 1 How do I promote my indie game?
- 2 How much do indie apps make?
- 3 How do you get your game attention?
- 4 How do I get my mobile game noticed?
- 5 What is the most successful indie game?
- 6 How can I make my indie game successful?
- 7 Are indie apps profitable?
- 8 Who is the richest video game designer?
- 9 Is being an indie game developer worth it?
- 10 How do I make my game popular?
- 11 How do you get people to buy your game?
- 12 How do you attract new players?
- 13 How do I advertise my mobile game?
- 14 How much does it cost to advertise my game?
- 15 How do I get my board game noticed?
How do I promote my indie game?
A Simple 10-Step Guide to Indie Game Marketing
- Start with focusing on ASO.
- Focus 100% on your soft launch.
- Leverage the power of word of mouth.
- Get yourself some paparazzi.
- Tap into the power of social media.
- Become active on forums and communities.
- Leverage cross-promotion.
- Focus on user relationships.
How much do indie apps make?
A good average small indie game can rank up to #60 on the top free games list in the US App Store and can be downloaded over a few hundred thousand times and make somewhere between $20k and $100k over its lifetime. An indie dev has only one chance to get on the top: by getting featured!
How do you get your game attention?
Use an attention-grabbing headline at the top. The headline should be creative and give them a reason to check out the trailer, screenshots, and learn more about your game. Try to talk directly to your visitors or target audience in the page title.
How do I get my mobile game noticed?
How to Get Your Mobile Game Noticed and Downloaded (A Consumer’s Perspective)
- App Store Optimization.
- Take It Easy on the Ads.
- Utilize Social Media.
- Create Stunning Visuals.
- Make a Well-Rounded Mobile Game.
What is the most successful indie game?
Minecraft. Markus Alexej Persson, more famously known as Notch, is the creator of Minecraft, the most wildly successfully indie game of all time.
How can I make my indie game successful?
What makes an indie game successful?
- Graphics & design are a minimum requirement.
- Gameplay & story matters, but only up to a point.
- Top games are better rated.
- Some genres are more successful than others.
- Low prices don’t lead to success.
- Accessibility is important.
- If you’re doing one thing right, make it marketing.
Are indie apps profitable?
82% of indie games never made more than $50k on Steam. Accounting for Steam split, discounts, returns etc, it’s more like $25–30k. So it’s save to say that less than 2/10 indie games are ever profitable. I’ve recently done some analysis on this and over 50% of indie games never make more than $4,000 on Steam.
Who is the richest video game designer?
Gabe Newell, Valve – $1.3 billion. Markus Persson, Mojang – $1.3 billion. Mark Pincus, Zynga – $990 million.
Is being an indie game developer worth it?
Indie games are not a get-rich-quick scheme. You’ll be working very hard at something unpredictable which may never pay off. If you feel like you need to make games, or even that they interest you on a deep level, it’s probably worth taking a stab at it.
How do I make my game popular?
Game Development 101: How To Make A Popular Game
- Social currency. Make your game social and sales will roll in quickly.
- Iconic Moments. If a game is able create special memories for players, this means that the title does a great job at making a lasting impression.
- Utility and practicality.
How do you get people to buy your game?
Post your video on forums, etc.. Put a link to your game in your signature on forums. Make facebook posts. Pay for a simple 1-day ad on Facebook and see how many people buy your game.
How do you attract new players?
Use your local free newspapers or community websites to announce your open day. Speak to headmasters of local schools; ask local shops and newsagents to promote the open day by allowing you to put posters in the windows. Have some leaflets printed and leave at the shop counters as take aways.
How do I advertise my mobile game?
Don’t miss anything!
- Send your game to several publishers.
- Beta ready and soft launch.
- Work on your ASO.
- Send your game to several stores.
- Run paid campaigns in social media: Facebook, Instagram, Messenger…
- Google Ads Universal App Campaigns (UAC)
- Display Network Ads.
- Cross-promotion with other games.
How much does it cost to advertise my game?
Summary: It costs about $50,000 to market an indie game. Branding takes about 2 weeks to complete, it will cost you about $7,000 to do yourself, or about that to outsource. A trailer takes about 1 week to produce, costs you about $4,000 to do yourself, and maybe less to outsource.
How do I get my board game noticed?
How to Publish a Board Game
- Come up with an initial idea for a game.
- Make a prototype.
- Test, test, test!
- Give your game a theme.
- Decide if you want to publish your game, or license it to another company.
- Find an illustrator.
- Find a graphic designer.
- Make a pretty prototype.