- 1 How do you successfully market an indie game?
- 2 How much money will my first indie game make?
- 3 How do indie games get popular?
- 4 How do I market my indie mobile game?
- 5 What is the most successful indie game?
- 6 Where can I promote my indie game?
- 7 Is there money in indie games?
- 8 How much does a good indie game make?
- 9 Who is the richest video game designer?
- 10 Why do indie games fail?
- 11 Are indie games successful?
- 12 How can I promote my indie game for free?
- 13 What indie game should I play?
- 14 How do I advertise my mobile game?
- 15 Is Minecraft an indie?
How do you successfully market an indie game?
A Simple 10-Step Guide to Indie Game Marketing
- Start with focusing on ASO.
- Focus 100% on your soft launch.
- Leverage the power of word of mouth.
- Get yourself some paparazzi.
- Tap into the power of social media.
- Become active on forums and communities.
- Leverage cross-promotion.
- Focus on user relationships.
How much money will my first indie game make?
The majority (median 25 percent) of their games earn from $1,000 to $10,000. If you’re lucky, you’ll be in the next 20 percent above that, earning from $10k to 100k.
How do indie games get popular?
“Through Social Media, indie games have communities of great supporters, through blogs, they could be marketed on any platforms (for example a game called Hundred Games, could be marketed on a wine themed blog/website…:-) So, there is much more flexibility!”
How do I market my indie mobile game?
Indie Mobile Game Marketing: Best Strategies for 2021
- Get an Early Start.
- Make a Website for Your Indie Mobile Game.
- Create Eye-Catching Creatives for Your Indie Mobile Game.
- Use Social Media to Your Advantage.
- Engage with Indie Mobile Game Communities.
- Cross-Promote Your Game.
- Don’t Forget About App Store Optimization.
What is the most successful indie game?
Minecraft. Markus Alexej Persson, more famously known as Notch, is the creator of Minecraft, the most wildly successfully indie game of all time.
Where can I promote my indie game?
Where to Promote Your Indie Game
- #1 – Indie Gaming And Development Forums.
- #2 – Social Media Platforms & Groups.
- #3 – Product Hunt.
- #4 – Reddit / Play My Game.
- #5 – Game Review Sites.
- #6 – Alternative App Stores For More Exposure.
Is there money in indie games?
It’s possible to make money off of indie games. In Eric Barone’s experience, he worked diligently for four years on the beloved Stardew Valley by himself. “Stardew Valley probably earned about $24 million last year. Steam Spy thinks that it earned $9.2 million in March after it released on February 26.
How much does a good indie game make?
An average indie game makes $3,947 (this is actually median, average is not a good measure as it’s significantly distorted by top earners). Over 2/3 of the games don’t cross $10,000 in life time earnings. However, the top 1/3 of the indie games are doing pretty well.
Who is the richest video game designer?
Gabe Newell, Valve – $1.3 billion. Markus Persson, Mojang – $1.3 billion. Mark Pincus, Zynga – $990 million.
Why do indie games fail?
The main reasons indie games fail are over saturation and the lack of marketing. With so many marketing strategies out there, gaming studios have to adapt to the one that suits their game the most. Most of the times the marketing falls short for a game, making the game a tough sell.
Are indie games successful?
Though most only see a modest amount of success, some indie games have etched their way into video game history by becoming must-have titles. Though most only see a modest amount of success, some indie games have etched their way into video game history by becoming must-have titles in any player’s library.
How can I promote my indie game for free?
#1 – Promote your game in indie dev forums Most indie game dev forums have special boards or threads set up specifically for promotion. You can post screenshots, character stories, game trailers, download links, and so much more. Give these forums a try! Make sure that, when you post, you are open to feedback.
What indie game should I play?
The best indie games are:
- Disco Elysium.
- Among Us.
- Fall Guys.
- Untitled Goose Game.
- Telling Lies.
- Hypnospace Outlaw.
- The Witness.
How do I advertise my mobile game?
Don’t miss anything!
- Send your game to several publishers.
- Beta ready and soft launch.
- Work on your ASO.
- Send your game to several stores.
- Run paid campaigns in social media: Facebook, Instagram, Messenger…
- Google Ads Universal App Campaigns (UAC)
- Display Network Ads.
- Cross-promotion with other games.
Is Minecraft an indie?
Minecraft is the definition of a decade-defining game. While it initially came out in 2009, its full release wasn’t until 2011, and in the years that followed it became the most successful indie game of all time.