- 1 How do you make an indie album?
- 2 How do I promote my indie album?
- 3 How do I get my indie music heard?
- 4 How do you release a song without a label?
- 5 Should I release my album for free?
- 6 How do you release a song as an independent artist 2020?
- 7 How can I get single heard?
- 8 How can I promote my music with no money?
- 9 How do I plan a song release?
- 10 What makes an album successful?
- 11 What happens at an album release party?
- 12 How do I get my music noticed?
- 13 What is better than SubmitHub?
How do you make an indie album?
Indie Album Release Checklist, Make Sure You’re Doing These Before Your Launch
- Secure Your Brand.
- Develop Your Album And Promotion Branding.
- Register Your Songs (Get Paid)
- Set Up Digital Distribution & Direct Sales (Get Paid, More!)
- Set Up Your Website.
- Consider Getting Professional Feedback on Your Songs.
How do I promote my indie album?
Let’s jump in!
- Set up a pre-order.
- Release a single (and video)
- Get your album up on iTunes, Spotify, Apple Music, Amazon, GooglePlay, etc.
- Use your mailing list.
- Promote your album on social media.
- Create an EPK (electronic press kit)
- Promote your album to radio.
- Promote your album to bloggers.
How do I get my indie music heard?
Note: This article contains affiliate links where the author may receive a commission.
- Promote your email list.
- Send your music to a radio station.
- Reach out to a music blog for a review.
- Post on social media.
- Comment on something that interest you.
- Write a blog post.
- Reach out to a playlist curator.
- Look at your analytics.
How do you release a song without a label?
Thankfully, unsigned artists don’t need the backing of a label to release music on iTunes, Spotify, Apple Music and other major stores. Anyone can release their tracks through an Independent music distributor – sometimes known as a music aggregator – and start collecting royalties from sales and streams.
Should I release my album for free?
No, you should not release your album for free. It’s possible to occasionally give out a song or two to gain new fans, but giving away a full album will only cheapen the music you make. People will start to see it as being disposable, and not music they have to wait for or will cherish.
How do you release a song as an independent artist 2020?
How to release music as an independent artist in 2021
- Create a website.
- Generate a social media presence.
- Make a YouTube channel.
- Sign up to a distribution agency.
- Get playlisted.
- Contact small record labels.
- Get your music onto blogs.
- DM other musicians.
How can I get single heard?
Here are 6 Strategies you can use to get your music heard in 2020.
- Make Your Demo. This one may seem obvious, but it’s still worth noting.
- Network. This isn’t a new idea, but it’s a good idea, and it works.
- Library Music.
- Market To Businesses.
- Create Your Personal Brand.
- Build An Email List.
How can I promote my music with no money?
20 Ways To Market Your Act Or Your Music For Little Or No Money
- Send your music to music bloggers.
- Get your CD reviewed, especially by influential reviewers.
- If appropriate, offer to license one or more of your songs to a nonprofit for free for use in a promotional video or TV commercial.
How do I plan a song release?
Here are six things you must do before releasing your next single.
- Create a marketing plan.
- Choose your distribution methods.
- Register your work.
- Update your press kit.
- Create suitable visuals to complement your single.
- Keep the momentum of your release going.
What makes an album successful?
There are exceptions, but a music album is generally good if: It contains no filler – all songs are written from the heart without adding inferior songs just to make it an album (best to release an EP if there are only 6 good songs). It runs less than 40 minutes – too long an album gets stale after about 35 minutes.
What happens at an album release party?
Album release parties, also know as album drop parties, are pivotal for any musician in any genre at any stage in their career. These gatherings announce that a record is going live, celebrating the culmination of an artist’s hard work.
How do I get my music noticed?
Following these tips will assist you in getting your music noticed:
- Be an amazing singer or instrumentalist.
- Put yourself out there.
- Create a press pack (EPK)
- Play anywhere.
- Convey maturity.
- Practice well.
- Get yourself motivated.
- Use Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter.
What is better than SubmitHub?
- #1 MyTop50. Free.
- #2 Color My Music. Free.
- #3 Audio Habits. Free.
- #4 Doppler for iPhone. Doppler is a pro-efficient platform that allows you to listen to offline music on iPhone.
- #5 Spotalike. Free.
- #6 Spotify + Discord. Free.
- #7 Spotify Stations. Freemium.
- #8 MuzeRoom. Free.