- 1 How do you release an indie game?
- 2 How do I publish my first indie game?
- 3 Is indie gaming dead?
- 4 What indie games are coming out in 2021?
- 5 What is the most successful indie game?
- 6 Can you make money with indie games?
- 7 Can I publish my own game?
- 8 Should I self publish my game?
- 9 How do I sell my game to a publisher?
- 10 What indie game should I play?
- 11 Which games are coming in 2021?
- 12 What indie game means?
How do you release an indie game?
5 best platforms to publish your indie game
- Steam. Cost: $100 recoupable publishing fee for each game and the 70/30 revenue split.
- GOG. Cost: Submitting your game on GOG is free, but the revenue split is 70/30.
- Itch.io. Cost: Submission is free and sharing revenue with the platform is optional.
- Gamers Gate.
- Game Jolt.
How do I publish my first indie game?
In the meantime, here are 11 places you may want to be aware of and explore further as options for publishing your game:
- Steam. Steam offers the largest and most well established PC distribution service around.
- Game Jolt.
- Humble Bundle.
- Gamers Gate.
- Game House.
Is indie gaming dead?
They succeeded, but with the overwhelming saturation of small-scale games means that indie doesn’t feel quite so punk as it used to. As one of the space’s biggest creators says, “ Indie is bigger than ever and also it is dead. Dead or not, the best indie games on PC are still worth playing.
What indie games are coming out in 2021?
Best Upcoming Indie Games 2021 (And Beyond)
- The Amazing American Circus.
- Naraka: Bladepoint.
- 12 Minutes.
- Garden Story.
- Windjammers 2.
What is the most successful indie game?
Minecraft. Markus Alexej Persson, more famously known as Notch, is the creator of Minecraft, the most wildly successfully indie game of all time.
Can you make money with indie games?
It’s possible to make money off of indie games. In Eric Barone’s experience, he worked diligently for four years on the beloved Stardew Valley by himself. “Stardew Valley probably earned about $24 million last year. Steam Spy thinks that it earned $9.2 million in March after it released on February 26.
Can I publish my own game?
Self-publishing means you’re in charge of marketing your own game. You’re in charge of user acquisition and getting your game known—while shouldering all the costs. It means all the expenses associated with funding, developing, testing, marketing, and releasing the game are entirely up to you.
Should I self publish my game?
Limpach believes self-publishing is a legitimate route to market, but it may be more painful to go it alone if it’s your first game. In the long term, it can be a good idea to mix both approaches depending on the project, as some games may need more support than others.
How do I sell my game to a publisher?
7 Tips for Getting Your Game Published
- Go to conventions. Pitching publishers at conventions is a very effective tactic.
- Be respectful!
- Have a good elevator pitch.
- Be able to explain the core of your game in 15 minutes or less.
- Develop relationships and add value.
- Take feedback well.
- Don’t focus on money at first.
What indie game should I play?
The best indie games are:
- Disco Elysium.
- Among Us.
- Fall Guys.
- Untitled Goose Game.
- Telling Lies.
- Hypnospace Outlaw.
- The Witness.
Which games are coming in 2021?
New games coming out in October 2021
- FIFA 22 – October 1 (PS5, Xbox Series X/S, PS4, Xbox One, PC)
- Super Monkey Ball Banana Mania – October 5 (Nintendo Switch)
- Far Cry 6 – October 7 (PC, PS4, PS5, Xbox One, Xbox Series X, Stadia)
- Metroid Dread – October 8 (Nintendo Switch)
- Nintendo Switch OLED – October 8.
What indie game means?
An independent video game or indie game is a video game typically created by individuals or smaller development teams without the financial and technical support of a large game publisher, in contrast to most “AAA” (triple-A) games.