- 1 What is the best place to find indie games?
- 2 How does game localization work?
- 3 What is localization in a game?
- 4 What is indie game company?
- 5 What indie game should I play?
- 6 Where are games not on steam?
- 7 How much do game translators get paid?
- 8 How do I get localization experience?
- 9 What do localization teams do?
- 10 What is the difference between Localisation and localization?
- 11 What is game design localization?
- 12 What do you know think about game localization?
- 13 What is the most successful indie game?
- 14 Are indie games better than AAA?
- 15 Why are indie games so good?
What is the best place to find indie games?
Indie Game Blogs
- IndieGames.com. The latest independent games news, interviews, and features, from the makers of Gamasutra.
- Indie Game Bundles.
- Alpha Beta Gamer | Indie.
- Indiegala Blog – Chatter About Indie Games on Steam.
- itch.io | Download the latest indie games.
- TIGSource Forums.
- Indie Retro News.
How does game localization work?
The localization process is about a lot more than just translating a game’s text. It also involves quality assurance, testing the integration of the translated text into the game, and adapting the text to the requirements of specific regions.
What is localization in a game?
Video game localization: the process of producing video game content for a specific region, and doing it so well that it looks like it was made for that region originally.
What is indie game company?
An independent video game or indie game is a video game typically created by individuals or smaller development teams without the financial and technical support of a large game publisher, in contrast to most “AAA” (triple-A) games.
What indie game should I play?
The best indie games are:
- Disco Elysium.
- Among Us.
- Fall Guys.
- Untitled Goose Game.
- Telling Lies.
- Hypnospace Outlaw.
- The Witness.
Where are games not on steam?
But some of the below options give you Steam codes anyway, and you might find you like the feel of some of them more than Valve’s juggernaut.
- Itch.io. Itch is awesome.
- Humble Store. You’ve probably heard of the Humble Bundle by now.
- Good Old Games.
How much do game translators get paid?
While ZipRecruiter is seeing annual salaries as high as $143,000 and as low as $16,500, the majority of Game Translator salaries currently range between $27,500 (25th percentile) to $63,500 (75th percentile) with top earners (90th percentile) making $109,000 annually across the United States.
How do I get localization experience?
Other Ways to Gain Experience
- Offer free translation to indie devs: To gain experience, it can be a good idea to offer your help for free.
- Browse the Indie Game Localization group on Facebook.
- Translate mods: Translating mods is a great way to earn a little experience.
What do localization teams do?
A large localization project requires a team that consists of a program manager, one or more localization engineers, and many localizers. Localization engineers are responsible for handling the localization database and maintaining the proper localization instructions in the commenting model, if this model exists.
What is the difference between Localisation and localization?
As nouns the difference between localisation and localization. is that localisation is (localization) while localization is the act of localizing.
What is game design localization?
Game localization is the act of preparing games for their respective releases in different areas of the world. Different areas speak different languages, have different cultures, and have different content and censorship laws.
What do you know think about game localization?
Video game localization is the process of adapting a game so that players in different locations all feel as though the game was made for their particular region. It’s a simple-sounding concept that’s actually pretty complex, once you start looking at everything that’s involved.
What is the most successful indie game?
Minecraft. Markus Alexej Persson, more famously known as Notch, is the creator of Minecraft, the most wildly successfully indie game of all time.
Are indie games better than AAA?
However, because in indie games what’s most important is creativity, developer and art teams are much smaller than those the typical studios used to create AAA titles, so in most cases indie games will have errors, bugs, bad spelling, unfinished parts, bad programming, memory leaks, and in general they are lower
Why are indie games so good?
Original Art, Story, and Characters. It gets tiring to play games that have the same type of style, characters, and stories. Indie studios can afford to take risks with games. That’s why you’ll see indie games that have a huge emphasis on art and story.