- 1 Where can I find indie games?
- 2 What is the best place to find indie games?
- 3 Where can I play indie games for free?
- 4 How do I find games that aren’t on steam?
- 5 What is the most successful indie game?
- 6 What indie game should I play?
- 7 How can you tell an indie game?
- 8 How do you discover a game?
- 9 Are indie games better than AAA?
- 10 Is Minecraft an indie?
- 11 How do you make an indie game?
- 12 Can Steam take away my games?
Where can I find indie games?
Five Ways to Discover New Indie Games
- Warp Door.
- Local Events.
What is the best place to find indie games?
Indie Game Blogs
- IndieGames.com. The latest independent games news, interviews, and features, from the makers of Gamasutra.
- Indie Game Bundles.
- Alpha Beta Gamer | Indie.
- Indiegala Blog – Chatter About Indie Games on Steam.
- itch.io | Download the latest indie games.
- TIGSource Forums.
- Indie Retro News.
Where can I play indie games for free?
10 Indie Games You Can Play For Free
- 1 Coloring Pixels. If you’re looking for a relaxing game to spend some time with that’s also easy on the wallet, Coloring Pixels may be worth your time.
- 2 The Supper.
- 3 Backbone: Prologue.
- 4 Grimm’s Hollow.
- 5 Momodora I and II.
- 6 Doki Doki Literature Club.
- 7 Brawlhalla.
- 8 Yume Nikki.
How do I find games that aren’t on steam?
But some of the below options give you Steam codes anyway, and you might find you like the feel of some of them more than Valve’s juggernaut.
- Itch.io. Itch is awesome.
- Humble Store. You’ve probably heard of the Humble Bundle by now.
- Good Old Games.
What is the most successful indie game?
Minecraft. Markus Alexej Persson, more famously known as Notch, is the creator of Minecraft, the most wildly successfully indie game of all time.
What indie game should I play?
The best indie games are:
- Disco Elysium.
- Among Us.
- Fall Guys.
- Untitled Goose Game.
- Telling Lies.
- Hypnospace Outlaw.
- The Witness.
How can you tell an indie game?
Another means to evaluate a game as indie is to examine its development team, with indie games being developed by individuals, small teams, or small independent companies that are often specifically formed for the development of one specific game. Typically, indie games are smaller than mainstream titles.
How do you discover a game?
Four Ways to Discover New Games
- Use a search engine. Ah yes, Google (or Bing, we don’t discriminate).
- Check Metacritic. Although a review aggregator, Metacritic is also a pretty authoritative resource when it comes to upcoming games.
- Look at the “coming soon” section on the digital store.
- Follow curators on Steam.
Are indie games better than AAA?
However, because in indie games what’s most important is creativity, developer and art teams are much smaller than those the typical studios used to create AAA titles, so in most cases indie games will have errors, bugs, bad spelling, unfinished parts, bad programming, memory leaks, and in general they are lower
Is Minecraft an indie?
Minecraft is the definition of a decade-defining game. While it initially came out in 2009, its full release wasn’t until 2011, and in the years that followed it became the most successful indie game of all time.
How do you make an indie game?
6 Steps to Getting Started in Indie Game Development
- Pick a (Small) Idea. New game developers are often inspired by the games they like to play.
- Pick an Engine or Framework.
- Create the Prototype.
- Find Assets.
- Turn it into a Complete Game.
- Start Something New!
Can Steam take away my games?
No, but in games with VAC enables it can permanently take away your ability to play multiplayer in those games. Besides that, they aren’t your games, you don’t own any of them. What you have is a right to download and play them, but that right can be taken away.