- 1 How big is the indie gaming market?
- 2 What is the best place to find indie games?
- 3 Who has the biggest market share in gaming?
- 4 Which indie games made the most money?
- 5 Are indie games better than AAA?
- 6 Is Minecraft a AAA game?
- 7 What indie game should I play?
- 8 How can you tell an indie game?
- 9 Where are games not on steam?
- 10 Who is the richest game company?
- 11 Which country is best for gaming?
- 12 Do indie games make money?
- 13 How much do indie games earn?
How big is the indie gaming market?
In 2018, the indie game market was valued at roughly $1B on Steam alone*. This is encouraging for new and established developers, and an important reason not to just wing it. Follow these marketing must-haves on your way to indie game success.
What is the best place to find indie games?
Indie Game Blogs
- IndieGames.com. The latest independent games news, interviews, and features, from the makers of Gamasutra.
- Indie Game Bundles.
- Alpha Beta Gamer | Indie.
- Indiegala Blog – Chatter About Indie Games on Steam.
- itch.io | Download the latest indie games.
- TIGSource Forums.
- Indie Retro News.
The biggest video game markets As of 2020, it is estimated that China ranks first among the biggest gaming markets worldwide, with a revenue of 40.85 billion U.S. dollars. The video gaming market in the United States ranked second, generating an approximate 36.92 billion U.S. dollars in annual revenues.
Which indie games made the most money?
Castle Crashers. Castle Crashers broke records during its launch, with a whopping 110,000 sales on Xbox Live Arcade in just three days, becoming one of the highest selling indie games on Microsoft’s platform. It is estimated that there are currently 2 to 5 million owners registered on Steam.
Are indie games better than AAA?
However, because in indie games what’s most important is creativity, developer and art teams are much smaller than those the typical studios used to create AAA titles, so in most cases indie games will have errors, bugs, bad spelling, unfinished parts, bad programming, memory leaks, and in general they are lower
Is Minecraft a AAA game?
Time: Minecraft started out as being developed by only one person, Markus Persson, making it an indie game. Now it’s made by a team of developers under Microsoft, making it a AAA game.
What indie game should I play?
The best indie games are:
- Disco Elysium.
- Among Us.
- Fall Guys.
- Untitled Goose Game.
- Telling Lies.
- Hypnospace Outlaw.
- The Witness.
How can you tell an indie game?
Another means to evaluate a game as indie is to examine its development team, with indie games being developed by individuals, small teams, or small independent companies that are often specifically formed for the development of one specific game. Typically, indie games are smaller than mainstream titles.
Where are games not on steam?
But some of the below options give you Steam codes anyway, and you might find you like the feel of some of them more than Valve’s juggernaut.
- Itch.io. Itch is awesome.
- Humble Store. You’ve probably heard of the Humble Bundle by now.
- Good Old Games.
Who is the richest game company?
Richest Game Developers
- Sony Computer Entertainment – $13.4 Billion. Well, Sony’s play station is a hit among people.
- Microsoft Studios – $12.82 Billion.
- Nintendo – $6.28 Billion.
- Sega – $4.9 Billion.
- Activision Blizzard – $4.9 Billion.
- Namco Bandai – $4.74 Billion.
- Electronic Arts – $4.14 Billion.
- Konami – $3.24 Billion.
Which country is best for gaming?
Which Country Has The Best Esports Gamers in 2021?
- South Korea. As South Korea is widely regarded as being the country that kickstarted the whole esports phenomenon, it’s little surprise to find that this nation has routinely given us many of the best competitive gaming stars.
Do indie games make money?
Bottom quartile of games make under $5k. A typical (median) indie game makes about $13k. Top 25% of indie games make over $44k. Top 15% make over $108k.
How much do indie games earn?
The majority (median 25 percent) of their games earn from $1,000 to $10,000. If you’re lucky, you’ll be in the next 20 percent above that, earning from $10k to 100k. But you’re more likely in the quarter below, earning only $100 to $1,000.