- 1 Where can I find indie game developers?
- 2 Where can I find game developers?
- 3 How can I market my indie game for free?
- 4 How much does an indie game dev make?
- 5 How Indie games are made?
- 6 How do I talk to a game developer?
- 7 Can I pay someone to make a game?
- 8 How much does it cost to hire a game developer?
- 9 How do I find game coders?
- 10 What is the most successful indie game?
- 11 How do I get my indie game noticed?
- 12 Are indie games successful?
- 13 Is there money in indie games?
- 14 What percentage of indie games are successful?
- 15 Why do indie games fail?
Where can I find indie game developers?
To help you out here are five indie game development communities that you should check out!
- Reddit (r/gamedev) r/gamedev is one of the most popular places for game devs.
- Slack (IndieDev)
- Discord (Game Dev League)
- 4. Facebook (IndieGameDevs)
- Reddit (r/IndieGaming)
Where can I find game developers?
There are, however, multiple ways of finding and hiring talented game developers:
- Game development communities — TIGSource, IndieDB, Develteam can be a starting point where to look for game developers;
- Online freelance networks like Upwork;
How can I market my indie game for free?
A Simple 10-Step Guide to Indie Game Marketing
- Start with focusing on ASO.
- Focus 100% on your soft launch.
- Leverage the power of word of mouth.
- Get yourself some paparazzi.
- Tap into the power of social media.
- Become active on forums and communities.
- Leverage cross-promotion.
- Focus on user relationships.
How much does an indie game dev make?
While ZipRecruiter is seeing annual salaries as high as $161,500 and as low as $13,000, the majority of Indie Game Developer salaries currently range between $30,500 (25th percentile) to $113,500 (75th percentile) with top earners (90th percentile) making $140,500 annually across the United States.
How Indie games are made?
Indie, which is short for “independent”, refers to a game made by one person or a small team, especially one without financial support from a publisher. This means that unlike the big-budget titles made by the top developers, indie games are made by people working on their own dime.
How do I talk to a game developer?
Conversing with your fellow developer
- First be on time.
- Thank them right away.
- Set a timer for how long you told them the call will take.
- Restate your question clearly.
- Be very clear about your goals.
- Listen and take notes.
- Don’t ask how much money they made.
Can I pay someone to make a game?
The answer to this question is simple. After all the specifics mentioned above, you have two options; Hire a professional game developer from freelancing sites or hire a game development company like DeveloperHouse (https://developerhouse.com ).
How much does it cost to hire a game developer?
Well, generally the hourly cost to hire a game app developer is $20 to $30 depending on the project specifications. This may vary according to employment policies. The gaming industry offers some of the most challenging career opportunities.
How do I find game coders?
Your can find developers for hire at Gamasutra – Contractors and GameDev.net. If your game has a modest scope and is sufficiently spec’d out, you may be able to find a competent programmer on Craigslist to implement it.
What is the most successful indie game?
Minecraft. Markus Alexej Persson, more famously known as Notch, is the creator of Minecraft, the most wildly successfully indie game of all time.
How do I get my indie game noticed?
Here are a few effective ways to get your indie game noticed:
- Join groups, post relevant content in those groups. Participate in #screenshotsaturday.
- Grow your Twitter fanbase. Post often.
- Create a subreddit.
- Make consistent updates about your game.
Are indie games successful?
Though most only see a modest amount of success, some indie games have etched their way into video game history by becoming must-have titles. Though most only see a modest amount of success, some indie games have etched their way into video game history by becoming must-have titles in any player’s library.
Is there money in indie games?
It’s possible to make money off of indie games. In Eric Barone’s experience, he worked diligently for four years on the beloved Stardew Valley by himself. “Stardew Valley probably earned about $24 million last year. Steam Spy thinks that it earned $9.2 million in March after it released on February 26.
What percentage of indie games are successful?
So it’s save to say that less than 2/10 indie games are ever profitable. I’ve recently done some analysis on this and over 50% of indie games never make more than $4,000 on Steam.
Why do indie games fail?
The main reasons indie games fail are over saturation and the lack of marketing. With so many marketing strategies out there, gaming studios have to adapt to the one that suits their game the most. Most of the times the marketing falls short for a game, making the game a tough sell.