- 1 How can I find an indie game?
- 2 Can you invest in indie games?
- 3 Do indie games make money?
- 4 How much should an indie game cost?
- 5 How do I find games that aren’t on steam?
- 6 How do you discover a game?
- 7 Who is the richest game maker?
- 8 What is the most successful indie game?
- 9 Why do most indie games fail?
- 10 How many people does it take to make an indie game?
- 11 How much should I make my game cost?
- 12 How many copies does the average indie game sell?
How can I find an indie game?
Five Ways to Discover New Indie Games
- Warp Door.
- Local Events.
Can you invest in indie games?
Indie games are beyond almost any other high risk investment in terms of % of losing investments. Even very small studios and modest projects will cost well over $100k. Most will need around $400k-2 million to complete a game of significant quality, features and marketing to compete.
Do indie games make money?
Bottom quartile of games make under $5k. A typical (median) indie game makes about $13k. Top 25% of indie games make over $44k. Top 15% make over $108k.
How much should an indie game cost?
It’s immediately clear that majority of the indie games price themselves under $10 and often under $5. By pricing your game $4.99, you are immediately competing with most other indie games.
How do I find games that aren’t on steam?
But some of the below options give you Steam codes anyway, and you might find you like the feel of some of them more than Valve’s juggernaut.
- Itch.io. Itch is awesome.
- Humble Store. You’ve probably heard of the Humble Bundle by now.
- Good Old Games.
How do you discover a game?
Four Ways to Discover New Games
- Use a search engine. Ah yes, Google (or Bing, we don’t discriminate).
- Check Metacritic. Although a review aggregator, Metacritic is also a pretty authoritative resource when it comes to upcoming games.
- Look at the “coming soon” section on the digital store.
- Follow curators on Steam.
Who is the richest game maker?
The Richest Video Game Developers In The World [Updated 2021]
- Valve — $4 Billion.
- King — $5.69 Billion.
- Nintendo — $20.11 Billion.
- Electronic Arts — $22.90 Billion.
- Activision Blizzard — $29.23 Billion.
- Sony Entertainment — $45 Billion.
- Tencent — $48 Billion.
- Microsoft — $1 Trillion.
What is the most successful indie game?
Minecraft. Markus Alexej Persson, more famously known as Notch, is the creator of Minecraft, the most wildly successfully indie game of all time.
Why do most indie games fail?
The main reasons indie games fail are over saturation and the lack of marketing. With so many marketing strategies out there, gaming studios have to adapt to the one that suits their game the most. Most of the times the marketing falls short for a game, making the game a tough sell.
How many people does it take to make an indie game?
On an average it takes a team of 15–20 people to make an indie game.
How much should I make my game cost?
A game development process may take from one month to a few years. You will sum the costs of a development team with rights, devices and software costs, and get the right amount. So, a game can cost you from $500 for a simple version with limited features to $300 mln for an action-adventure video game.
How many copies does the average indie game sell?
there is no basic answer…it varies from film to film, book to book and game to game. On Steam, the median is 2,000 units. Ten years ago, it was more than 20,000, but there are so many indie games on Steam now, the sales numbers are massively diluted. This is actually last year’s info; it might be down to 1,000 by now.