What is Indie on the Move?
Indie on the Move allows you to browse music venues, festivals, bands, show and band availabilities, classifieds, press, and radio listings. Brooklyn, New York, United States. www.indieonthemove.com.
How much is indie on the move?
$299.90/year. Feeling like you could use some hands-on assistance from an Indie on the Move professional? Check out our Do It Together Tour Booking Experience.
Is indie on the move worth it?
Press, Radio, & Media Database As an indie, however, it can be hard to secure anything worthwhile. This doesn’t mean it isn’t worth a try. It’s important to keep in mind that this extra promotion won’t put many butts in seats, but it will elevate your overall profile and make your tour more worthwhile.
How do you get a band to play at a venue?
When you’re booking the band
- Reach out through the proper channels.
- Include a reasonable amount of information in your pitch.
- Expect some negotiating from the band or their agent.
- Try to send as much information as possible in just a few emails.
- Hire a great production company and make sure they have what they need.
How do independent artists book tours?
- Book Your Show Using the “Hold, Challenge, and Confirm” Method.
- Know the Types of Tour Deals (So You Don’t Look Clueless)
- Know the Right Way to Interact With the Promoter.
- Route Your Tour so Your Tour Doesn’t Route You Back.
- Build a Tour Budget.
- Sign The Performance Contracts to Confirm Your Show.
Why is a gig called a gig?
Originally coined in the 1920s by jazz musicians, the term, short for the word “engagement”, now refers to any aspect of performing such as assisting with performance and attending musical performance. More broadly, the term “gigging” means having paid work, being employed.
How do you ask for a gig?
Here are some tips on how to book that first gig, and how to get invited back!
- Be Professional In Your Pitch.
- Stay In Touch with The Promoter Ahead Of Your Show.
- Promote On Socials and Ask Your Friends.
- Help Book The Bill.
- Bring Your A-Game.
- Communicate With The Promoter Night Of.
- Follow Up After You Performance.
How do artists get gigs?
This is the best ways to get gigs.
- Gigs lead to gigs. When playing shows and delivering, people will take notice.
- Use your existing network.
- List and approach local venues.
- List and approach relevant promoters.
- Mirror budding musicians.
- Look for ‘support’ opportunities.
- The cultural stuff… and competitions.