- 1 Where can I upload my game?
- 2 What is the best place to find indie games?
- 3 Can a 13 year old publish a game?
- 4 Do indie game developers need a publisher?
- 5 Can I publish my own game?
- 6 Where can I publish my first game?
- 7 What indie game should I play?
- 8 Where can I find indie games?
- 9 How do I find games that aren’t on steam?
- 10 Can a kid become a game developer?
- 11 Can I publish games on Steam for free?
- 12 How old do you have to be to upload games to Steam?
- 13 Do you need a publisher to sell a game?
- 14 Is EA a publisher or developer?
- 15 What is the meaning of AAA games?
Where can I upload my game?
The 5 Best Free Places to Publish Your Game
- ITCH.IO. Itch.io is hands down the best platform available for indie game publishing.
- INDIEGAMESTAND. IndieGameStand is a robust platform to market your game, and is great for strong short term sales if you choose their pay-what-you-want deal.
- ROAST MY GAME.
What is the best place to find indie games?
Indie Game Blogs
- IndieGames.com. The latest independent games news, interviews, and features, from the makers of Gamasutra.
- Indie Game Bundles.
- Alpha Beta Gamer | Indie.
- Indiegala Blog – Chatter About Indie Games on Steam.
- itch.io | Download the latest indie games.
- TIGSource Forums.
- Indie Retro News.
Can a 13 year old publish a game?
Users must be 13 or older. Publishers must be at least 18 or have the legal right to enter into this agreement.
Do indie game developers need a publisher?
Independent (indie) developers. These are game developers that do not depend on any publishers. They self-publish their games via crowdfunding and other means.
Can I publish my own game?
Self-publishing means you’re in charge of marketing your own game. You’re in charge of user acquisition and getting your game known—while shouldering all the costs. It means all the expenses associated with funding, developing, testing, marketing, and releasing the game are entirely up to you.
Where can I publish my first game?
11 Places to Publish & Release Your Indie Game
- Steam. Steam offers the largest and most well established PC distribution service around.
- Itch.io. Itch is an excellent platform for indie game developers.
- Game Jolt.
- Humble Bundle.
- Gamers Gate.
- Game House.
What indie game should I play?
The best indie games are:
- Disco Elysium.
- Among Us.
- Fall Guys.
- Untitled Goose Game.
- Telling Lies.
- Hypnospace Outlaw.
- The Witness.
Where can I find indie games?
Five Ways to Discover New Indie Games
- Warp Door.
- Local Events.
How do I find games that aren’t on steam?
But some of the below options give you Steam codes anyway, and you might find you like the feel of some of them more than Valve’s juggernaut.
- Itch.io. Itch is awesome.
- Humble Store. You’ve probably heard of the Humble Bundle by now.
- Good Old Games.
Can a kid become a game developer?
More and more games, apps, and websites are letting kids as young as kindergartners create anything they can think of — and it doesn’t have to take a ton of time. Even better, most of these tools don’t require kids to be skilled programmers or computer experts to design and build creative, entertaining experiences.
Can I publish games on Steam for free?
Hey, yes you can submit your game for free using Steam Greenlight. Once your project is approved to be on Steam Greenlight it’ll be asked by people to vote upon and if your game comes out to be accepted by the community you will be easily accepted without any costs.
How old do you have to be to upload games to Steam?
Steam requires users to be at least 13 years old to use the product. Because of the platform’s communication features such as open chat and community forums, Common Sense Media also recommends users be at least 13 years old to use it, although many available games are not appropriate for young teens.
Do you need a publisher to sell a game?
Every game needs a publisher, whether you do it yourself or hire another company for that role. Publishing is a skilled task, a necessary step for any game to find success.
Is EA a publisher or developer?
Electronic Arts (EA) is an American developer, marketer, publisher, and distributor of computer and video games established in 1982 by Trip Hawkins. EA grew from a home-computing game publisher; in 1987 they began developing games in-house. In the early 1990s, EA began to develop games for consoles.
What is the meaning of AAA games?
AAA Games (pronounced “triple A games”) are video games most distinguished by their massive development and marketing budgets. They are meant to be a game development company’s best work and provide a high quality video game experience–comparable to a summer blockbuster.