- 1 Where can I find good indie music?
- 2 What are some examples of indie songs?
- 3 How can you tell an indie song?
- 4 What’s considered alternative music?
- 5 What type of music is Arctic Monkeys?
- 6 Who is the best indie pop?
- 7 What song is considered the best of all time?
- 8 Why indie music is the best?
- 9 Why is indie music so boring?
- 10 Does indie music still exist?
- 11 Is Girl in Red indie pop?
- 12 Is indie music popular?
Where can I find good indie music?
Spotify, SoundCloud, and music blogs like Pitchfork are great places to dig in and discover new music. There’s so much music out there and if you have the time you can dig in and go deep on playlists and people for new music.
What are some examples of indie songs?
The 50 Best Indie Songs of The Decade
- Arcade Fire – Sprawl II (Mountains Beyond Mountains)
- Beach House – 10 Mile Stereo.
- Grimes – Oblivion.
- Mitski – Your Best American Girl.
- Bon Iver – Holocene.
- M83 – Midnight City.
- Vampire Weekend – Hannah Hunt.
- Tame Impala – Let It Happen.
How can you tell an indie song?
Indie music is hard to define because the sound isn’t formulaic and the genre contains a lot of variation. The one way to really recognise indie music is by the tone of it. First listen to any song by the Indie pop artist Lana Del Rey, then Coldplay, then The Look by Metronomy. All varied under the same genre.
What’s considered alternative music?
“Alternative music is music that hasn’t yet achieved a mainstream audience, Alternative isn’t new wave any more, it’s a disposition of mind. Alternative music is any kind of music that has the potential to reach a wider audience.
What type of music is Arctic Monkeys?
Billie Eilish is an indie pop phenomenal singer. She has Tourettes Syndrome yet she manages to write and perform her music. She is very original and even tape records sounds to use on her recordings.
Who is the best indie pop?
Best indie pop bands
- Beat Happening. Often seen as one of the originators of the indie-pop sound, Beat Happening were an American three piece led by indie polymath Calvin Johnson.
- The Field Mice.
- Orange Juice.
- The Pastels.
- The Monochrome Set.
- The Go Betweens.
- The Wedding Present.
- The Smiths.
What song is considered the best of all time?
The Best Songs Of All Time—According To Critics And Fans
- ‘Imagine’ — John Lennon. Getty Images.
- ‘Hey Jude’ — The Beatles.
- ‘(I Can’t Get No) Satisfaction’ — The Rolling Stones.
- ‘Yesterday’ — The Beatles.
- ‘Good Vibrations’ — The Beach Boys.
- ‘Smells Like Teen Spirit’ — Nirvana.
- ‘Johnny B.
- ‘I Want To Hold Your Hand’ — The Beatles.
Why indie music is the best?
Indie music does not only resemble music that is created without record label contracts, they resemble a much deeper message of creativity. Indie music has the ability to break away from any rules put for famous artists because they have the space to be as creative as they want, not as the people want them to be!
Why is indie music so boring?
Pop and indie music are also the most generic (i.e. replaceable) genres, designed to be super-accessible to as many people as possible, which makes them boring to begin with. If you’re reasonably intelligent, you will “graduate” from this stage and move into something with a bit more identity.
Does indie music still exist?
But what was left of the music industry, and the media attention that surrounded it, now focused its energy on bubblegum pop, R&B and hip-hop, and, later, electronic dance music. Indie, of course, would continue to live, through festivals like Glastonbury in the UK and Coachella in California.
Is Girl in Red indie pop?
Norwegian singer-songwriter Marie Ulven, more widely known as the indie-pop icon girl in red, released her debut album “if i could make it go quiet” April 30 to much anticipation by fans and critics alike.
Is indie music popular?
The indie pop genre has become arguably even more popular today with the use of indie pop songs on modern radio stations — even stations that claim to play only mainstream pop songs. Plenty of popular music today is actually indie music created by independent bands and artists.