- 1 How do I submit my music to college radio stations?
- 2 How can I get independent music on the radio?
- 3 Is there a radio station that plays indie music?
- 4 Where can I submit my music?
- 5 What is the best college radio station?
- 6 How do I get into radio?
- 7 How much does it cost to get your music played on the radio?
- 8 How much money do you get if your song is played on the radio?
- 9 How do I find a song that was played on the radio?
- 10 What is the indie station on FM radio?
How do I submit my music to college radio stations?
Compile a list of targeted college radio stations and shows. Head here for a list of college radio stations. Choose stations that are in your area or are where you are touring. Go to each station’s website to research if the station plays your style and genre of music and find the station’s music submission guidelines.
How can I get independent music on the radio?
To get your song played on the radio, either you or your radio promotion company approaches program directors/music directors at radio stations. You’ll then need to promote your song to them using a combination of press releases or one-sheets, phone calls, and faxes.
Is there a radio station that plays indie music?
Soma FM: Indie Pop Rocks! — Soma FM started broadcasting in 2000 and has one of the largest audiences for a indie station with nearly 5 million listening hours.
Where can I submit my music?
Best Sites For Your Music Submissions
- Indie Shuffle. SUBMIT TO INDIE MUSIC BLOGS FOR FREE.
- Indie 88.
- A&R Factory.
- Xune Mag.
- Audio Drums.
What is the best college radio station?
20 Best College Radio Stations
- WSBU-88.3 FM St.
- WICB 91.7 FM Ithaca College, Ithaca, NY.
- WERS 88.9FM Emerson College, Boston, MA.
- WGRE 91.5 FM DePauw University, Greencastle, IN.
- WASU 90.5 Appalachian State, Boone, NC.
- KPSU 98.1 Portland State University, Portland, OR.
- WRHU 88.7 FM Hofstra University, Hempstead, NY.
How do I get into radio?
How to Get into Radio Broadcasting
- Volunteer. If you are currently attending college to get a degree, volunteer at the campus radio station.
- Promotions. To not only reach listeners but entice them, radio stations schedule a lot of marketing and promotional activities.
How much does it cost to get your music played on the radio?
“In Hot AC and Top 40, could be anywhere from $1,000 to $2,000 depending on the competition.” Two other radio veterans estimated that the total cost of promoting a song to “urban” radio and transforming it into a hit was between $100,000 and $125,000.
How much money do you get if your song is played on the radio?
Today, the current rate is 9.1 cents (typically split with co-writers and publishers). Performance Royalty – A songwriter receives a performance royalty when their song is performed on terrestrial broadcast radio, in a live performance venue, or via online streaming services.
How do I find a song that was played on the radio?
Shazam, which first launched in 2002, is a free app for both Google Android and iPhones that can identify songs for you. It uses your smartphone’s microphone to listen to the song that’s playing, whether it’s on the radio or TV, or even just in the pub, and then identifies it from its database of tracks.
What is the indie station on FM radio?
This Is INDIE X FM. Your station for the best in Indie, New Wave, Classic Alternative, Punk and beyond! Broadcasting Live from the shores of the Pacific Ocean in Los Angeles California and broadcasting free, commercial free.