- 1 Where should I sell my indie game?
- 2 How do you get people to buy your game?
- 3 How do I promote my indie mobile game?
- 4 What is the most successful indie game?
- 5 How can I make my indie game popular?
- 6 How do I make my game popular?
- 7 Where can I advertise my game?
- 8 How do I secure my game funding?
- 9 Can you invest in indie games?
- 10 How can I promote my indie game for free?
- 11 What indie game should I play?
Where should I sell my indie game?
3 ways to sell your indie games
- Sell via platforms for gamers. Some of the most popular distribution platforms include Steam, Desura, and GOG.
- Sell to business. As opposed to gamer’s distribution platforms, developers can also sell their games to wholesale and retail businesses.
- Sell via your own website.
How do you get people to buy your game?
Post your video on forums, etc.. Put a link to your game in your signature on forums. Make facebook posts. Pay for a simple 1-day ad on Facebook and see how many people buy your game.
How do I promote my indie mobile game?
Indie Mobile Game Marketing: Best Strategies for 2021
- Get an Early Start.
- Make a Website for Your Indie Mobile Game.
- Create Eye-Catching Creatives for Your Indie Mobile Game.
- Use Social Media to Your Advantage.
- Engage with Indie Mobile Game Communities.
- Cross- Promote Your Game.
- Don’t Forget About App Store Optimization.
What is the most successful indie game?
Minecraft. Markus Alexej Persson, more famously known as Notch, is the creator of Minecraft, the most wildly successfully indie game of all time.
How can I make my indie game popular?
A Simple 10-Step Guide to Indie Game Marketing
- Start with focusing on ASO.
- Focus 100% on your soft launch.
- Leverage the power of word of mouth.
- Get yourself some paparazzi.
- Tap into the power of social media.
- Become active on forums and communities.
- Leverage cross-promotion.
- Focus on user relationships.
How do I make my game popular?
Game Development 101: How To Make A Popular Game
- Social currency. Make your game social and sales will roll in quickly.
- Iconic Moments. If a game is able create special memories for players, this means that the title does a great job at making a lasting impression.
- Utility and practicality.
Where can I advertise my game?
Where to Promote Your Indie Game
- #1 – Indie Gaming And Development Forums.
- #2 – Social Media Platforms & Groups.
- #3 – Product Hunt.
- #4 – Reddit / Play My Game.
- #5 – Game Review Sites.
- #6 – Alternative App Stores For More Exposure.
How do I secure my game funding?
Kickstarter, Indiegogo, and other crowdfunding sites that focus solely on games, like Gogetfunding, Fig, and GameLaunched, offer an exciting, (relatively) new way to raise money. However, people often underestimate the amount of effort it takes to raise cash via crowdfunding.
Can you invest in indie games?
Indie games are beyond almost any other high risk investment in terms of % of losing investments. Even very small studios and modest projects will cost well over $100k. Most will need around $400k-2 million to complete a game of significant quality, features and marketing to compete.
How can I promote my indie game for free?
#1 – Promote your game in indie dev forums Most indie game dev forums have special boards or threads set up specifically for promotion. You can post screenshots, character stories, game trailers, download links, and so much more. Give these forums a try! Make sure that, when you post, you are open to feedback.
What indie game should I play?
The best indie games are:
- Disco Elysium.
- Among Us.
- Fall Guys.
- Untitled Goose Game.
- Telling Lies.
- Hypnospace Outlaw.
- The Witness.