- 1 Where can I promote my indie game?
- 2 How do you make your indie game popular?
- 3 How do I market my games?
- 4 How do you distribute an indie game?
- 5 What is the most successful indie game?
- 6 Is Minecraft an indie?
- 7 Is being a indie game developer worth it?
- 8 How hard is it to make indie games?
- 9 How much money do indie games make?
- 10 How do I get my game noticed?
- 11 How do I make my game popular?
- 12 How do you get people to buy your game?
- 13 Can you make money with an indie game?
- 14 How can I publish my game?
- 15 How much should I sell my indie game for?
Where can I promote my indie game?
#1 – Promote your game in indie dev forums
- Dream In Code.
- Game Dev Stack Exchange.
How do you make your indie game popular?
What makes an indie game successful?
- Graphics & design are a minimum requirement.
- Gameplay & story matters, but only up to a point.
- Top games are better rated.
- Some genres are more successful than others.
- Low prices don’t lead to success.
- Accessibility is important.
- If you’re doing one thing right, make it marketing.
How do I market my games?
Don’t miss anything!
- Send your game to several publishers.
- Beta ready and soft launch.
- Work on your ASO.
- Send your game to several stores.
- Run paid campaigns in social media: Facebook, Instagram, Messenger…
- Google Ads Universal App Campaigns (UAC)
- Display Network Ads.
- Cross-promotion with other games.
How do you distribute an indie game?
11 Places to Publish & Release Your Indie Game
- Steam. Steam offers the largest and most well established PC distribution service around.
- Itch.io. Itch is an excellent platform for indie game developers.
- Game Jolt.
- Humble Bundle.
- Gamers Gate.
- Game House.
What is the most successful indie game?
Minecraft. Markus Alexej Persson, more famously known as Notch, is the creator of Minecraft, the most wildly successfully indie game of all time.
Is Minecraft an indie?
Minecraft is the definition of a decade-defining game. While it initially came out in 2009, its full release wasn’t until 2011, and in the years that followed it became the most successful indie game of all time.
Is being a indie game developer worth it?
Indie games are not a get-rich-quick scheme. You’ll be working very hard at something unpredictable which may never pay off. If you feel like you need to make games, or even that they interest you on a deep level, it’s probably worth taking a stab at it.
How hard is it to make indie games?
To answer to your question, this is very difficult. It’s not any difficulty in being a game developer. Create few projects, publish them on many sites and you’re done! “Beware of the another game developer!
How much money do indie games make?
An average indie game makes $3,947 (this is actually median, average is not a good measure as it’s significantly distorted by top earners). Over 2/3 of the games don’t cross $10,000 in life time earnings. However, the top 1/3 of the indie games are doing pretty well.
How do I get my game noticed?
Here are a few effective ways to get your indie game noticed:
- Join groups, post relevant content in those groups. Participate in #screenshotsaturday.
- Grow your Twitter fanbase. Post often.
- Create a subreddit.
- Make consistent updates about your game.
How do I make my game popular?
Game Development 101: How To Make A Popular Game
- Social currency. Make your game social and sales will roll in quickly.
- Iconic Moments. If a game is able create special memories for players, this means that the title does a great job at making a lasting impression.
- Utility and practicality.
How do you get people to buy your game?
Post your video on forums, etc.. Put a link to your game in your signature on forums. Make facebook posts. Pay for a simple 1-day ad on Facebook and see how many people buy your game.
Can you make money with an indie game?
It’s possible to make money off of indie games. In Eric Barone’s experience, he worked diligently for four years on the beloved Stardew Valley by himself. “Stardew Valley probably earned about $24 million last year. Steam Spy thinks that it earned $9.2 million in March after it released on February 26.
How can I publish my game?
The 5 Best Free Places to Publish Your Game
- ITCH.IO. Itch.io is hands down the best platform available for indie game publishing.
- INDIEGAMESTAND. IndieGameStand is a robust platform to market your game, and is great for strong short term sales if you choose their pay-what-you-want deal.
- ROAST MY GAME.
How much should I sell my indie game for?
When looking at 2 of the most popular price tags for indie games – $4.99 and $9.99, a developer should at least consider the possibility of pricing the game at $14.99 or $19.99. You can sell half the copies and still make more money when you price them at $19.99 rather than $9.99.