- 1 How do you structure an indie song?
- 2 How do you know if a song is indie?
- 3 What to write an indie song about?
- 4 What are some good song titles?
- 5 Is Billie Eilish indie?
- 6 Why indie music is the best?
- 7 Why is indie music so boring?
- 8 How would you describe an indie song?
- 9 Is indie music popular?
- 10 Is indie and alternative the same?
- 11 How do you structure a song?
- 12 What can I write a song about?
How do you structure an indie song?
- Intro: It’s the first thing the listener hears, so it should be catchy in some way.
- Verse: Lyrically, verses are where you tell the story.
- Pre-Chorus: It’s usually a relatively short section that serves as a transition to set up the chorus.
- Chorus: The lyrics of the chorus provide the central message of the song.
How do you know if a song is indie?
Indie music is hard to define because the sound isn’t formulaic and the genre contains a lot of variation. The one way to really recognise indie music is by the tone of it. First listen to any song by the Indie pop artist Lana Del Rey, then Coldplay, then The Look by Metronomy. All varied under the same genre.
What to write an indie song about?
Write about anything you want, as long as it isn’t depressing. You can go free verse, but try to rhyme. Your lyrics should be happy, and personal. A good way to start thinking of lyrics is to think of your childhood.
What are some good song titles?
- Walking Home.
- Say It to Me Softly.
- What’s Stopping You?
- In My Arms Tonight.
- Touch the Moon.
- Racing to Somewhere.
- Blue Waters.
Is Billie Eilish indie?
Billie Eilish is an indie pop phenomenal singer. She has Tourettes Syndrome yet she manages to write and perform her music. She is very original and even tape records sounds to use on her recordings.
Why indie music is the best?
Indie music does not only resemble music that is created without record label contracts, they resemble a much deeper message of creativity. Indie music has the ability to break away from any rules put for famous artists because they have the space to be as creative as they want, not as the people want them to be!
Why is indie music so boring?
Pop and indie music are also the most generic (i.e. replaceable) genres, designed to be super-accessible to as many people as possible, which makes them boring to begin with. If you’re reasonably intelligent, you will “graduate” from this stage and move into something with a bit more identity.
How would you describe an indie song?
Quite simply, an Indie music definition is music that’s produced by a DIY artist, or on an independent label, without the traditional resources of a major label. Some indie artists aren’t involved with labels at all, and instead self-release their music using distributors, which we will look at later on.
Is indie music popular?
The indie pop genre has become arguably even more popular today with the use of indie pop songs on modern radio stations — even stations that claim to play only mainstream pop songs. Plenty of popular music today is actually indie music created by independent bands and artists.
Is indie and alternative the same?
Indie rock is a subgenre of alternative rock music which originated in the United Kingdom and North America in the early 1980s. Nevertheless, indie rock distinguishes itself from indie pop as it is generally rougher and more hard-edged. Indie rock and alternative rock are often used interchangeably.
How do you structure a song?
Song structure refers to how a song is organized, using a combination of different sections. A typical song structure includes a verse, chorus, and bridge in the following arrangement: intro, verse — chorus — verse — chorus —bridge — chorus — outro.
What can I write a song about?
Personal / Artist Songs
- Write a song that introduces us to you as an artist.
- Write a song that introduces us to someone else as an artist.
- Write a song based on your key life philosophy.
- Write a song that tells us something nobody else knows about you.
- Write a song about a major event in your life.