- 1 Is a Les Paul Good for indie?
- 2 What musicians use a Les Paul?
- 3 What guitars are best for indie rock?
- 4 Are Les Pauls good for rock?
- 5 Who owns the most 59 Les Pauls?
- 6 What is the most famous guitar in the world?
- 7 What guitars did slash use?
- 8 Are indie guitars any good?
- 9 What is the best guitar for rock music?
- 10 Can you play heavy metal on a Les Paul?
- 11 Why do Les Pauls sound so good?
- 12 Can you play metal on a Strat?
Is a Les Paul Good for indie?
Having said that, a Les Paul is not a particularly good choice of guitar for a young band. They’re expensive, which makes them hard to buy and too much of a theft risk, they break easily, they’re heavy, and their sound can be reproduced easily with cheap guitars.
What musicians use a Les Paul?
Top 10 Les Paul Guitarists of All Time
- Les Paul. If we’re talking about the most renowned Gibson Les Paul musicians, it’s only logical to kick things off with the man himself.
- Jimmy Page.
- Billy Gibbons.
- Randy Rhoads.
- Gary Moore.
- Duane Allman.
- Pete Townshend.
What guitars are best for indie rock?
Popular Indie Guitars
- Fender / Squire Jazzmaster.
- Fender / Squire Jaguar.
- Fender / Squire Mustang.
- Fender / Squire Stratocaster.
- Gibson/ Epiphone Les Paul.
- Gibson / Epiphone SG.
- Gretsch Electromatic Jet.
- Danelectro 59.
Are Les Pauls good for rock?
The Les Paul Custom Classic Pro features hot, open-coil ProBucker humbuckers, a pair of pickups that are great for metal and hard rock.
Who owns the most 59 Les Pauls?
“ George Gruhn, who has bought and sold many ’59 Les Pauls over the years, said to me, ‘Steve, we get this all the time. It’s not a surprise to find a slim-neck ’59 – they start to get slimmer in 1960 but it’s not unusual to find earlier examples.
What is the most famous guitar in the world?
TOP 10 Most Iconic Guitars!
- Tom Morello’s “Arm The Homeless” Custom.
- Gene Simmons’ “Axe” Bass.
- Zakk Wylde’s “Bullseye” Gibson Les Paul.
- Prince’s “Cloud”
- Eddie Van Halen’s “Frankenstrat”
- Angus Young’s Jaydee SG.
- Jimmy Page’s Gibson Les Paul Standard.
- Jimi Hendrix’s Monterey Fender Stratocaster.
What guitars did slash use?
Since 2010 and his solo tours, Slash decided to mainly use his signature Les Pauls.
- Gibson Les Paul Standard 1987: Guns N’ Roses / Slash’s Snakepit / Velvet Revolver.
- Gibson Les Paul Standard 1976: Slash’s Snakepit / Velvet Revolver.
- Gibson Les Paul Goldtop 1987: Guns N’ Roses / Slash’s Snakepit.
Are indie guitars any good?
You’ll appreciate the high build quality from Indie, the unrestricted heel-less neck join, and the way the satin finish doesn’t get sticky, even at sweaty gigs. While we’ve played better sounding guitars for this money, few match its combination of features, playability and build quality.
What is the best guitar for rock music?
These are just some of the best rock guitars in our opinion!
- The Fender Stratocaster. Let’s start with an absolute classic of rock.
- Gibson Flying V. The Gibson Flying V has to be a contender for most striking design ever.
- Fender Jaguar.
- Gibson Firebird.
- Gibson SG.
- Ibanez RG550.
- Gibson Les Paul.
Can you play heavy metal on a Les Paul?
The Les Paul Standard is an ideal guitar for metal because it gives you a tone that fills a huge sonic space. Some of the best metal guitarists have used a Les Paul; Randy Rhoads, Zakk Wylde, Slash, Alex Lifeson, Buckethead, Matt Heafy, Lee Malia, Bill Kelliher, Adam Jones and more.
Why do Les Pauls sound so good?
Tone: The sound of a Les Paul can cover many, many styles of music. Jazz, Pop, Metal, Rock, Country, Blues… etc. It has a girthy tone, with a hint of air, which makes it very unique, primarily due to the thick mahogany, w/ maple Cap (on certain models). There’s very few guitars which sound like one.
Can you play metal on a Strat?
A Stratocaster for Metal? The Fender Stratocaster is one of the most popular guitars in the world, and it is easy to see why. It’s proven itself in just about any genre you can name, from blues to jazz to classic rock and, yes, even heavy metal.