- 1 What goes on the back of an album cover?
- 2 What makes a good album cover?
- 3 How do you know if an artist is indie?
- 4 What should my album cover be?
- 5 How much do album cover artists make?
- 6 How do you make something look like an album cover?
- 7 Should I put my name on my album cover?
- 8 How do you make a professional album cover?
- 9 How do I get album artwork?
- 10 Is Billie Eilish an indie artist?
- 11 What is the difference between pop and indie music?
- 12 Why is indie music so good?
- 13 How thick is an album cover?
- 14 Can I use a painting as an album cover?
- 15 What size is a album cover Photoshop?
What goes on the back of an album cover?
The back cover of the album should include the album’s track list. Although the typography can be different here than on the front of the cover, it should still communicate stylistically and be easy to read at the same time.
What makes a good album cover?
Cover Art Design Best Practices
- Your image should be unique to the release.
- Only use authorized images.
- Avoid using art that doesn’t match the release or your brand.
- Design your cover art for one-inch size.
- Keep contrast in mind.
- Use a font that is easy to read.
- Don’t mislead people on a tribute album.
How do you know if an artist is indie?
Indie music is any music that’s produced independently from corporate music labels. In other words, unless you’re signed with an official music label, you can consider yourself an indie artist. In fact, nearly every artist, from Elvis Presley to Lana Del Ray starts out as an indie artist.
What should my album cover be?
Dimensions / Pixel Size: At least 1600 x 1600 pixels, but 3000 x 3000 pixels is recommended. Size in Inches: 3000 x 3000 pixels at 300 dpi (which is 10 x 10 inches) is recommended.
How much do album cover artists make?
The average salary for Album Cover Designers is approximately $45,700 annually. The salary range for Album Cover Designers extends from $33,000 to $66,000. Typically a price is negotiated in the beginning of a project with a label, Manager, artist or whoever is paying.
How do you make something look like an album cover?
Click the Design My Album Cover Now button. Choose the album covers category and browse the available templates. Edit the text, photos, colors, layout and tweak anything else you need to make it truly your album cover art. Choose the file format you need and download your cover in high resolution format.
Should I put my name on my album cover?
Album covers typically have text to inform about the name of the artist and the the name of the album (or track). But is this necessary? The answer is no!
How do you make a professional album cover?
How to make an album cover
- Open Canva. Open up Canva and search for “Album covers” to get started.
- Find some inspiration. Canva’s got hundreds of album cover templates with different themes.
- Add images and text.
- Personalize your design.
- Publish, print or share.
How do I get album artwork?
How to get cover art for your Android device’s music collection
- Install the Album Art Grabber app and start it up.
- It will scan your library for albums, and then show you each album and the cover art associated with it, if any.
- You can review each album cover if you like.
Is Billie Eilish an indie artist?
Billie Eilish is an indie artist who’s blowing up. She has over a million followers on twitter, 10s & 100s of millions of views on each of her recent songs on youtube, and her debut album has reached #1 in a ton of countries.
What is the difference between pop and indie music?
Indie pop (also typeset as indie-pop or indiepop) is a music genre and subculture that combines guitar pop with DIY ethic in opposition to the style and tone of mainstream pop music. Compared to its counterpart, indie rock, the genre is more melodic, less abrasive, and relatively angst-free.
Why is indie music so good?
Indie music does not only resemble music that is created without record label contracts, they resemble a much deeper message of creativity. Indie music has the ability to break away from any rules put for famous artists because they have the space to be as creative as they want, not as the people want them to be!
How thick is an album cover?
Album covers vary in thickness significantly. Budget sleeves can be as little as 3/32 inch (2.4 mm) thick, but are more typically around 1/8 inch (3.12 mm) thick; double and triple albums will be significantly thicker.
Can I use a painting as an album cover?
As long as the painting is under copyright, you cannot use publicly without permission any copy (reproduction) you may own or find. This is true even if you are the actual owner of the original painting. You own the object, not the right to copy it.
What size is a album cover Photoshop?
Open a file as a minimum size of 1500 x 1500 pixels (a square) and choose 300 dpi. Using 300dpi or higher makes it suitable for resizing by digital distributors. It’s always best to start with a large file because it’s easy to size down. A small file does not size up without becoming pixelated.