- 1 How do I know if a game is indie?
- 2 What indie games are coming out?
- 3 What is the best place to find indie games?
- 4 How do I get my indie game reviewed?
- 5 What is the most successful indie game?
- 6 Are indie games better than AAA?
- 7 Which games are coming in 2021?
- 8 How much will Omori cost?
- 9 What games come out May 2020?
- 10 How do I discover new games?
- 11 Where are games not on steam?
- 12 Where can I publish my indie game?
- 13 Are indie games successful?
- 14 How do I get my game reviewed?
- 15 How do I market my indie game?
How do I know if a game is indie?
Another means to evaluate a game as indie is to examine its development team, with indie games being developed by individuals, small teams, or small independent companies that are often specifically formed for the development of one specific game. Typically, indie games are smaller than mainstream titles.
What indie games are coming out?
Best Upcoming Indie Games 2021 (And Beyond)
- The Amazing American Circus.
- Naraka: Bladepoint.
- 12 Minutes.
- Garden Story.
- Windjammers 2.
What is the best place to find indie games?
Indie Game Blogs
- IndieGames.com. The latest independent games news, interviews, and features, from the makers of Gamasutra.
- Indie Game Bundles.
- Alpha Beta Gamer | Indie.
- Indiegala Blog – Chatter About Indie Games on Steam.
- itch.io | Download the latest indie games.
- TIGSource Forums.
- Indie Retro News.
How do I get my indie game reviewed?
Write a press release, embargo it, and give them all the appropriate assets they may need. When you are getting ready to release your game, reach out to press who may be interested in your game. Do this a few weeks in advance and give them a copy if one is available.
What is the most successful indie game?
Minecraft. Markus Alexej Persson, more famously known as Notch, is the creator of Minecraft, the most wildly successfully indie game of all time.
Are indie games better than AAA?
However, because in indie games what’s most important is creativity, developer and art teams are much smaller than those the typical studios used to create AAA titles, so in most cases indie games will have errors, bugs, bad spelling, unfinished parts, bad programming, memory leaks, and in general they are lower
Which games are coming in 2021?
New games coming out in October 2021
- FIFA 22 – October 1 (PS5, Xbox Series X/S, PS4, Xbox One, PC)
- Super Monkey Ball Banana Mania – October 5 (Nintendo Switch)
- Far Cry 6 – October 7 (PC, PS4, PS5, Xbox One, Xbox Series X, Stadia)
- Metroid Dread – October 8 (Nintendo Switch)
- Nintendo Switch OLED – October 8.
How much will Omori cost?
How Much Will Omori Game Cost? Omori will cost 16,79 euro on Steam.
What games come out May 2020?
- Arcade Spirits (PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Switch) – May 1.
- Neversong (iOS) – May 1.
- Zombie Army 4: Dead War (Stadia) – May 1 – Read review.
- Forza Street (iOS, Android) – May 5.
- John Wick Hex (PlayStation 4) – May 5 – Read review.
- Old World (PC) – May 5.
- Population Zero (PC) – May 5.
- Someday You’ll Return (PC) – May 5.
How do I discover new games?
Four Ways to Discover New Games
- Use a search engine. Ah yes, Google (or Bing, we don’t discriminate).
- Check Metacritic. Although a review aggregator, Metacritic is also a pretty authoritative resource when it comes to upcoming games.
- Look at the “coming soon” section on the digital store.
- Follow curators on Steam.
Where are games not on steam?
But some of the below options give you Steam codes anyway, and you might find you like the feel of some of them more than Valve’s juggernaut.
- Itch.io. Itch is awesome.
- Humble Store. You’ve probably heard of the Humble Bundle by now.
- Good Old Games.
Where can I publish my indie game?
11 Places to Publish & Release Your Indie Game
- Steam. Steam offers the largest and most well established PC distribution service around.
- Itch.io. Itch is an excellent platform for indie game developers.
- Game Jolt.
- Humble Bundle.
- Gamers Gate.
- Game House.
Are indie games successful?
Though most only see a modest amount of success, some indie games have etched their way into video game history by becoming must-have titles. Though most only see a modest amount of success, some indie games have etched their way into video game history by becoming must-have titles in any player’s library.
How do I get my game reviewed?
You’re ready to release the first beta or demo, but you just don’t know where to start. In order to make any money through sales, you need to market your game to be reviewed and played. Reaching out to reviewers
- Know the reviewer or company.
- Do not pester the reviewer.
- Customize the request.
- Offer a discount or freebie.
How do I market my indie game?
A Simple 10-Step Guide to Indie Game Marketing
- Start with focusing on ASO.
- Focus 100% on your soft launch.
- Leverage the power of word of mouth.
- Get yourself some paparazzi.
- Tap into the power of social media.
- Become active on forums and communities.
- Leverage cross-promotion.
- Focus on user relationships.