- 1 Where should I sell my indie game?
- 2 What is the average budget for a indie game?
- 3 How many copies does an average indie game sell?
- 4 What is the most successful indie game?
- 5 Do indie developers make money?
- 6 How hard is it to make a game by yourself?
- 7 How much is it to make a Triple A game?
- 8 Are indie games too cheap?
- 9 How many indie games are successful?
- 10 Is being a indie game developer worth it?
- 11 Is my game good enough to sell?
- 12 Can I increase the price of my game on Steam?
- 13 How much do Steam games cost?
Where should I sell my indie game?
3 ways to sell your indie games
- Sell via platforms for gamers. Some of the most popular distribution platforms include Steam, Desura, and GOG.
- Sell to business. As opposed to gamer’s distribution platforms, developers can also sell their games to wholesale and retail businesses.
- Sell via your own website.
What is the average budget for a indie game?
The average indie game on Steam costs less than $9 and sells few copies.
How many copies does an average indie game sell?
there is no basic answer…it varies from film to film, book to book and game to game. On Steam, the median is 2,000 units. Ten years ago, it was more than 20,000, but there are so many indie games on Steam now, the sales numbers are massively diluted. This is actually last year’s info; it might be down to 1,000 by now.
What is the most successful indie game?
Minecraft. Markus Alexej Persson, more famously known as Notch, is the creator of Minecraft, the most wildly successfully indie game of all time.
Do indie developers make money?
It’s possible to make money off of indie games. In Eric Barone’s experience, he worked diligently for four years on the beloved Stardew Valley by himself. All while holding down another job and living off of more meager savings. “Stardew Valley probably earned about $24 million last year.
How hard is it to make a game by yourself?
Creating a video game by yourself is no small undertaking. You’ll be responsible for the story, game mechanics, sound design, and marketing. But despite all the work involved, it is possible to release a successful video game all on your own.
How much is it to make a Triple A game?
On average, it will cost you between $60 million and $80 million to develop and launch an AAA game on the market.
Are indie games too cheap?
Indie games are absolutely too cheap. Many don’t make enough to cover costs, causing teams to go broke. The median sales of a game is only 21,000 copies at $9, and it costs upwards of $260,000, and not many people can afford to spend $60k to make art, especially indie artists.
How many indie games are successful?
70% of all indie games are commercial failures. Of the 30% that are considered successful, only 7% of those games will generate enough revenue to fund a second project.
Is being a indie game developer worth it?
Indie games are not a get-rich-quick scheme. You’ll be working very hard at something unpredictable which may never pay off. If you feel like you need to make games, or even that they interest you on a deep level, it’s probably worth taking a stab at it.
Is my game good enough to sell?
If your game works as intended (is maintainable, doesn’t have security holes, scales well to all the normal use cases) then your code is ‘good enough’. Everything beyond that is your personal desire to get better (that’s not a bad thing to have, but if you don’t, it shouldn’t stop you from publishing).
Can I increase the price of my game on Steam?
You could raise your price as you transition out of Early Access and not run a discount. You could raise your price more than 30 days before you release out of Early Access, and then run a discount to go with your V1. 0 release.
How much do Steam games cost?
Buying Steam Games Newer games are priced similarly to retail releases, with most big titles costing $49.99 or $59.99. Indie and older games can cost anywhere from $5 to $19.99, depending on their release date and popularity.