- 1 How much do indie games sell for?
- 2 How much does the average indie game cost to make?
- 3 Can I sell my indie game?
- 4 How do I market my first indie game?
- 5 What is the most successful indie game?
- 6 Is there money in indie games?
- 7 Who is the richest video game designer?
- 8 Is being an indie game developer worth it?
- 9 What percentage of indie games are successful?
- 10 How many indie games are successful?
- 11 How much money do indie mobile games make?
- 12 Are indie games successful?
- 13 Where can I promote my indie game?
- 14 How do indie games get popular?
How much do indie games sell for?
These games never generate enough revenue to cover the development time and other costs. An average indie game makes $3,947 (this is actually median, average is not a good measure as it’s significantly distorted by top earners).
How much does the average indie game cost to make?
If I had to answer that question right away, I would say that the production of an independent video game costs, roughly speaking, between $1,000 and $10,000,000, so between one month and six years of development.
Can I sell my indie game?
Sell via your own website. Last, but not least, you can start your own website to make a profit from an indie game. This may be your dev studio website or a website dedicated to a particular game. Online presence is essential if you want to reach a wider audience of players.
How do I market my first indie game?
A Simple 10-Step Guide to Indie Game Marketing
- Start with focusing on ASO.
- Focus 100% on your soft launch.
- Get your game reviewed.
- Leverage the power of word of mouth.
- Get yourself some paparazzi.
- Tap into the power of social media.
- Become active on forums and communities.
- Leverage cross-promotion.
What is the most successful indie game?
Minecraft. Markus Alexej Persson, more famously known as Notch, is the creator of Minecraft, the most wildly successfully indie game of all time.
Is there money in indie games?
It’s possible to make money off of indie games. In Eric Barone’s experience, he worked diligently for four years on the beloved Stardew Valley by himself. “Stardew Valley probably earned about $24 million last year. Steam Spy thinks that it earned $9.2 million in March after it released on February 26.
Who is the richest video game designer?
Gabe Newell, Valve – $1.3 billion. Markus Persson, Mojang – $1.3 billion. Mark Pincus, Zynga – $990 million.
Is being an indie game developer worth it?
Indie games are not a get-rich-quick scheme. You’ll be working very hard at something unpredictable which may never pay off. If you feel like you need to make games, or even that they interest you on a deep level, it’s probably worth taking a stab at it.
What percentage of indie games are successful?
So it’s save to say that less than 2/10 indie games are ever profitable. I’ve recently done some analysis on this and over 50% of indie games never make more than $4,000 on Steam.
How many indie games are successful?
70% of all indie games are commercial failures. Of the 30% that are considered successful, only 7% of those games will generate enough revenue to fund a second project.
How much money do indie mobile games make?
A typical (median) indie game makes about $13k. Top 25% of indie games make over $44k. Top 15% make over $108k.
Are indie games successful?
Though most only see a modest amount of success, some indie games have etched their way into video game history by becoming must-have titles. Though most only see a modest amount of success, some indie games have etched their way into video game history by becoming must-have titles in any player’s library.
Where can I promote my indie game?
Where to Promote Your Indie Game
- #1 – Indie Gaming And Development Forums.
- #2 – Social Media Platforms & Groups.
- #3 – Product Hunt.
- #4 – Reddit / Play My Game.
- #5 – Game Review Sites.
- #6 – Alternative App Stores For More Exposure.
How do indie games get popular?
“Through Social Media, indie games have communities of great supporters, through blogs, they could be marketed on any platforms (for example a game called Hundred Games, could be marketed on a wine themed blog/website…:-) So, there is much more flexibility!”