- 1 How do I find an indie game team?
- 2 How much does an indie game make?
- 3 Where should I release my indie game?
- 4 How do I secure my game funding?
- 5 How does game funding work?
- 6 How much does it cost to hire a game developer?
- 7 Where can I hire a game developer?
- 8 How do I find a game coder?
- 9 What is the most successful indie game?
- 10 Who is the richest game maker?
- 11 Is there money in indie games?
- 12 How do you make an indie game successful?
- 13 How can I make my indie game popular?
- 14 How can I publish my game?
How do I find an indie game team?
When looking for a team, try family members or close friends. Making a game with your brother is a great idea if you have the right kind of relationship. Don’t just say let’s make a game and then sit around all day playing games. If you can form a team with people face-to-face, do it.
How much does an indie game make?
Over 50% of indie games never make more than $4,000. These games never generate enough revenue to cover the development time and other costs. An average indie game makes $3,947 (this is actually median, average is not a good measure as it’s significantly distorted by top earners).
Where should I release my indie game?
5 best platforms to publish your indie game
- Steam. Cost: $100 recoupable publishing fee for each game and the 70/30 revenue split.
- GOG. Cost: Submitting your game on GOG is free, but the revenue split is 70/30.
- Itch.io. Cost: Submission is free and sharing revenue with the platform is optional.
- Gamers Gate.
- Game Jolt.
How do I secure my game funding?
Kickstarter, Indiegogo, and other crowdfunding sites that focus solely on games, like Gogetfunding, Fig, and GameLaunched, offer an exciting, (relatively) new way to raise money. However, people often underestimate the amount of effort it takes to raise cash via crowdfunding.
How does game funding work?
Video game development has typically been funded by large publishing companies or are alternatively paid for mostly by the developers themselves as independent titles. Other funding may come from government incentives or from private funding.
How much does it cost to hire a game developer?
Well, generally the hourly cost to hire a game app developer is $20 to $30 depending on the project specifications. This may vary according to employment policies. The gaming industry offers some of the most challenging career opportunities.
Where can I hire a game developer?
Options for finding dedicated game devs Game development communities — TIGSource, IndieDB, Develteam can be a starting point where to look for game developers; Online freelance networks like Upwork; Online hiring platforms such as us, YouTeam, provide more advanced sourcing options for offshore developers.
How do I find a game coder?
The best way to find local developers is to check around your local colleges, as lots of colleges have programming groups or programs directly related to game development.
What is the most successful indie game?
Minecraft. Markus Alexej Persson, more famously known as Notch, is the creator of Minecraft, the most wildly successfully indie game of all time.
Who is the richest game maker?
The Richest Video Game Developers In The World [Updated 2021]
- Valve — $4 Billion.
- King — $5.69 Billion.
- Nintendo — $20.11 Billion.
- Electronic Arts — $22.90 Billion.
- Activision Blizzard — $29.23 Billion.
- Sony Entertainment — $45 Billion.
- Tencent — $48 Billion.
- Microsoft — $1 Trillion.
Is there money in indie games?
It’s possible to make money off of indie games. In Eric Barone’s experience, he worked diligently for four years on the beloved Stardew Valley by himself. “Stardew Valley probably earned about $24 million last year. Steam Spy thinks that it earned $9.2 million in March after it released on February 26.
How do you make an indie game successful?
What makes an indie game successful?
- Graphics & design are a minimum requirement.
- Gameplay & story matters, but only up to a point.
- Top games are better rated.
- Some genres are more successful than others.
- Low prices don’t lead to success.
- Accessibility is important.
- If you’re doing one thing right, make it marketing.
How can I make my indie game popular?
A Simple 10-Step Guide to Indie Game Marketing
- Start with focusing on ASO.
- Focus 100% on your soft launch.
- Leverage the power of word of mouth.
- Get yourself some paparazzi.
- Tap into the power of social media.
- Become active on forums and communities.
- Leverage cross-promotion.
- Focus on user relationships.
How can I publish my game?
The 5 Best Free Places to Publish Your Game
- ITCH.IO. Itch.io is hands down the best platform available for indie game publishing.
- INDIEGAMESTAND. IndieGameStand is a robust platform to market your game, and is great for strong short term sales if you choose their pay-what-you-want deal.
- ROAST MY GAME.