- 1 How do I get my indie game noticed?
- 2 How do you plan an indie game project?
- 3 How do you make an indie game successful?
- 4 How do I secure my game funding?
- 5 Can you invest in indie games?
- 6 Who is the richest game maker?
- 7 How do I make my game visible?
- 8 How much do indie games cost to make?
- 9 How do I start a project game?
- 10 How do you make a game concept?
- 11 What is the most successful indie game?
- 12 How difficult is it to make an indie game?
- 13 Why do indie games fail?
How do I get my indie game noticed?
Here are a few effective ways to get your indie game noticed:
- Join groups, post relevant content in those groups. Participate in #screenshotsaturday.
- Grow your Twitter fanbase. Post often.
- Create a subreddit.
- Make consistent updates about your game.
How do you plan an indie game project?
A good approach could be:
- Define the high level of your game, the mechanics, the game itself, prototype it and get a clear vision of what you want to make.
- Then split your project into small pieces, lets say versions or milestones.
- Once you have that, pick them one by one and split them again into high level tasks.
How do you make an indie game successful?
What makes an indie game successful?
- Graphics & design are a minimum requirement.
- Gameplay & story matters, but only up to a point.
- Top games are better rated.
- Some genres are more successful than others.
- Low prices don’t lead to success.
- Accessibility is important.
- If you’re doing one thing right, make it marketing.
How do I secure my game funding?
Kickstarter, Indiegogo, and other crowdfunding sites that focus solely on games, like Gogetfunding, Fig, and GameLaunched, offer an exciting, (relatively) new way to raise money. However, people often underestimate the amount of effort it takes to raise cash via crowdfunding.
Can you invest in indie games?
Indie games are beyond almost any other high risk investment in terms of % of losing investments. Even very small studios and modest projects will cost well over $100k. Most will need around $400k-2 million to complete a game of significant quality, features and marketing to compete.
Who is the richest game maker?
The Richest Video Game Developers In The World [Updated 2021]
- Valve — $4 Billion.
- King — $5.69 Billion.
- Nintendo — $20.11 Billion.
- Electronic Arts — $22.90 Billion.
- Activision Blizzard — $29.23 Billion.
- Sony Entertainment — $45 Billion.
- Tencent — $48 Billion.
- Microsoft — $1 Trillion.
How do I make my game visible?
How to increase the visibility of your games on Play Store?
- Develop a high quanlity app – A low-quality app will never get featured.
- Follow Google’s Launch Checklist.
- Aim for SimpliMake Your UI and UX Top-Notch.
- city Over Feature-Stacking.
- Implement Google Product Initiatives.
- Get Press Coverage.
How much do indie games cost to make?
If I had to answer that question right away, I would say that the production of an independent video game costs, roughly speaking, between $1,000 and $10,000,000, so between one month and six years of development.
How do I start a project game?
Start with a game concept, set the reason for the game, gameplay, look and feel of the game you want to make. From there you can start making a features and asset lists so the programmer and artist can at least start working on something, while the designer does some thinking or tweaking the game mechanics.
How do you make a game concept?
Another way to come up with a game idea is to figure out what types of things make other new, innovative games a hit and then incorporate those same principles into a fresh concept.
- Iterate on an Already-Popular Game.
- Incorporate Innovative Principles.
- Come up With an Idea From Scratch.
What is the most successful indie game?
Minecraft. Markus Alexej Persson, more famously known as Notch, is the creator of Minecraft, the most wildly successfully indie game of all time.
How difficult is it to make an indie game?
To answer to your question, this is very difficult. It’s not any difficulty in being a game developer. Create few projects, publish them on many sites and you’re done! “Beware of the another game developer!
Why do indie games fail?
The main reasons indie games fail are over saturation and the lack of marketing. With so many marketing strategies out there, gaming studios have to adapt to the one that suits their game the most. Most of the times the marketing falls short for a game, making the game a tough sell.