- 1 How do I promote my indie game?
- 2 How do I become a successful indie game developer?
- 3 Is indie game dev hard?
- 4 What is the most successful indie game?
- 5 Is there money in indie games?
- 6 How do you get people to buy your game?
- 7 How can I advertise my game?
- 8 Is Minecraft an indie?
- 9 Why do most indie games fail?
- 10 Is being an indie game developer worth it?
- 11 Is there money in game development?
- 12 Who is the richest video game designer?
- 13 Why indie games are better?
- 14 How many people does it take to make an indie game?
How do I promote my indie game?
A Simple 10-Step Guide to Indie Game Marketing
- Start with focusing on ASO.
- Focus 100% on your soft launch.
- Leverage the power of word of mouth.
- Get yourself some paparazzi.
- Tap into the power of social media.
- Become active on forums and communities.
- Leverage cross-promotion.
- Focus on user relationships.
How do I become a successful indie game developer?
What makes an indie game successful?
- Graphics & design are a minimum requirement.
- Gameplay & story matters, but only up to a point.
- Top games are better rated.
- Some genres are more successful than others.
- Low prices don’t lead to success.
- Accessibility is important.
- If you’re doing one thing right, make it marketing.
Is indie game dev hard?
To answer to your question, this is very difficult. It’s not any difficulty in being a game developer. Create few projects, publish them on many sites and you’re done!
What is the most successful indie game?
Minecraft. Markus Alexej Persson, more famously known as Notch, is the creator of Minecraft, the most wildly successfully indie game of all time.
Is there money in indie games?
It’s possible to make money off of indie games. In Eric Barone’s experience, he worked diligently for four years on the beloved Stardew Valley by himself. “Stardew Valley probably earned about $24 million last year. Steam Spy thinks that it earned $9.2 million in March after it released on February 26.
How do you get people to buy your game?
Post your video on forums, etc.. Put a link to your game in your signature on forums. Make facebook posts. Pay for a simple 1-day ad on Facebook and see how many people buy your game.
How can I advertise my game?
Don’t miss anything!
- Send your game to several publishers.
- Beta ready and soft launch.
- Work on your ASO.
- Send your game to several stores.
- Run paid campaigns in social media: Facebook, Instagram, Messenger…
- Google Ads Universal App Campaigns (UAC)
- Display Network Ads.
- Cross-promotion with other games.
Is Minecraft an indie?
Minecraft is the definition of a decade-defining game. While it initially came out in 2009, its full release wasn’t until 2011, and in the years that followed it became the most successful indie game of all time.
Why do most indie games fail?
The main reasons indie games fail are over saturation and the lack of marketing. With so many marketing strategies out there, gaming studios have to adapt to the one that suits their game the most. Most of the times the marketing falls short for a game, making the game a tough sell.
Is being an indie game developer worth it?
Indie games are not a get-rich-quick scheme. You’ll be working very hard at something unpredictable which may never pay off. If you feel like you need to make games, or even that they interest you on a deep level, it’s probably worth taking a stab at it.
Is there money in game development?
The publisher pays the developer a negotiated fee for developing the game, and then they part ways. The developer gets no money from sales or other revenues, and has no other rights to the game, including to its characters.
Who is the richest video game designer?
Gabe Newell, Valve – $1.3 billion. Markus Persson, Mojang – $1.3 billion. Mark Pincus, Zynga – $990 million.
Why indie games are better?
Original Art, Story, and Characters. It gets tiring to play games that have the same type of style, characters, and stories. Indie studios can afford to take risks with games. That’s why you’ll see indie games that have a huge emphasis on art and story.
How many people does it take to make an indie game?
On an average it takes a team of 15–20 people to make an indie game.