- 1 Can I sell my indie game?
- 2 How much can an indie game make?
- 3 Is my game good enough to sell?
- 4 Can I increase the price of my game on Steam?
- 5 What is the most successful indie game?
- 6 Do indie developers make money?
- 7 What percentage of indie games are successful?
- 8 Who is the richest game maker?
- 9 Is being an indie game developer worth it?
- 10 Is being a game developer worth it?
- 11 How many copies does an average indie game sell?
- 12 How do I sell my game to a publisher?
- 13 How do I get my game noticed?
Can I sell my indie game?
Sell via your own website. Last, but not least, you can start your own website to make a profit from an indie game. This may be your dev studio website or a website dedicated to a particular game. Online presence is essential if you want to reach a wider audience of players.
How much can an indie game make?
How much can your first indie game make? This question has been answered many times in the last year and we now know some important things about full or part-time independent as well as hobbyist iOS game developers: The majority (median 25 percent) of their games earn from $1,000 to $10,000.
Is my game good enough to sell?
If your game works as intended (is maintainable, doesn’t have security holes, scales well to all the normal use cases) then your code is ‘good enough’. Everything beyond that is your personal desire to get better (that’s not a bad thing to have, but if you don’t, it shouldn’t stop you from publishing).
Can I increase the price of my game on Steam?
You could raise your price as you transition out of Early Access and not run a discount. You could raise your price more than 30 days before you release out of Early Access, and then run a discount to go with your V1. 0 release.
What is the most successful indie game?
Minecraft. Markus Alexej Persson, more famously known as Notch, is the creator of Minecraft, the most wildly successfully indie game of all time.
Do indie developers make money?
It’s possible to make money off of indie games. In Eric Barone’s experience, he worked diligently for four years on the beloved Stardew Valley by himself. All while holding down another job and living off of more meager savings. “Stardew Valley probably earned about $24 million last year.
What percentage of indie games are successful?
So it’s save to say that less than 2/10 indie games are ever profitable. I’ve recently done some analysis on this and over 50% of indie games never make more than $4,000 on Steam.
Who is the richest game maker?
The Richest Video Game Developers In The World [Updated 2021]
- Valve — $4 Billion.
- King — $5.69 Billion.
- Nintendo — $20.11 Billion.
- Electronic Arts — $22.90 Billion.
- Activision Blizzard — $29.23 Billion.
- Sony Entertainment — $45 Billion.
- Tencent — $48 Billion.
- Microsoft — $1 Trillion.
Is being an indie game developer worth it?
Indie games are not a get-rich-quick scheme. You’ll be working very hard at something unpredictable which may never pay off. If you feel like you need to make games, or even that they interest you on a deep level, it’s probably worth taking a stab at it.
Is being a game developer worth it?
A career in game programming and design can be worth it if that’s what you enjoy doing. The hours can be long, the work environment can be stressful, and there is always the risk of being laid off even after launching a successful project, but at many game studios, the pay can be good.
How many copies does an average indie game sell?
there is no basic answer…it varies from film to film, book to book and game to game. On Steam, the median is 2,000 units. Ten years ago, it was more than 20,000, but there are so many indie games on Steam now, the sales numbers are massively diluted. This is actually last year’s info; it might be down to 1,000 by now.
How do I sell my game to a publisher?
7 Tips for Getting Your Game Published
- Go to conventions. Pitching publishers at conventions is a very effective tactic.
- Be respectful!
- Have a good elevator pitch.
- Be able to explain the core of your game in 15 minutes or less.
- Develop relationships and add value.
- Take feedback well.
- Don’t focus on money at first.
How do I get my game noticed?
Here are a few effective ways to get your indie game noticed:
- Join groups, post relevant content in those groups. Participate in #screenshotsaturday.
- Grow your Twitter fanbase. Post often.
- Create a subreddit.
- Make consistent updates about your game.