- 1 Where can I promote my indie game?
- 2 How do I market my indie video game?
- 3 How do I get my indie game reviewed?
- 4 How much should I sell my indie game for?
- 5 What is the most successful indie game?
- 6 How do I advertise my game?
- 7 How do I get my game noticed?
- 8 How do you get people to buy your game?
- 9 Are indie games successful?
- 10 Is Minecraft an indie?
- 11 How do I promote my indie mobile game?
- 12 What indie game should I play?
- 13 How much does it cost to make an indie game by yourself?
- 14 Can you make money with indie games?
- 15 How much should I make my game cost?
Where can I promote my indie game?
#1 – Promote your game in indie dev forums
- Dream In Code.
- Game Dev Stack Exchange.
How do I market my indie video game?
A Simple 10-Step Guide to Indie Game Marketing
- Start with focusing on ASO.
- Focus 100% on your soft launch.
- Leverage the power of word of mouth.
- Get yourself some paparazzi.
- Tap into the power of social media.
- Become active on forums and communities.
- Leverage cross-promotion.
- Focus on user relationships.
How do I get my indie game reviewed?
Write a press release, embargo it, and give them all the appropriate assets they may need. When you are getting ready to release your game, reach out to press who may be interested in your game. Do this a few weeks in advance and give them a copy if one is available.
How much should I sell my indie game for?
When looking at 2 of the most popular price tags for indie games – $4.99 and $9.99, a developer should at least consider the possibility of pricing the game at $14.99 or $19.99. You can sell half the copies and still make more money when you price them at $19.99 rather than $9.99.
What is the most successful indie game?
Minecraft. Markus Alexej Persson, more famously known as Notch, is the creator of Minecraft, the most wildly successfully indie game of all time.
How do I advertise my game?
10 tips to help you promote your Android game in 2021
- Send your game to several publishers.
- Beta ready and soft launch.
- Work on your ASO.
- Send your game to several stores.
- Run paid campaigns in social media: Facebook, Instagram, Messenger…
- Google Ads Universal App Campaigns (UAC)
- Display Network Ads.
How do I get my game noticed?
Here are a few effective ways to get your indie game noticed:
- Join groups, post relevant content in those groups. Participate in #screenshotsaturday.
- Grow your Twitter fanbase. Post often.
- Create a subreddit.
- Make consistent updates about your game.
How do you get people to buy your game?
Post your video on forums, etc.. Put a link to your game in your signature on forums. Make facebook posts. Pay for a simple 1-day ad on Facebook and see how many people buy your game.
Are indie games successful?
Though most only see a modest amount of success, some indie games have etched their way into video game history by becoming must-have titles. Though most only see a modest amount of success, some indie games have etched their way into video game history by becoming must-have titles in any player’s library.
Is Minecraft an indie?
Minecraft is the definition of a decade-defining game. While it initially came out in 2009, its full release wasn’t until 2011, and in the years that followed it became the most successful indie game of all time.
How do I promote my indie mobile game?
Indie Mobile Game Marketing: Best Strategies for 2021
- Get an Early Start.
- Make a Website for Your Indie Mobile Game.
- Create Eye-Catching Creatives for Your Indie Mobile Game.
- Use Social Media to Your Advantage.
- Engage with Indie Mobile Game Communities.
- Cross- Promote Your Game.
- Don’t Forget About App Store Optimization.
What indie game should I play?
The best indie games are:
- Disco Elysium.
- Among Us.
- Fall Guys.
- Untitled Goose Game.
- Telling Lies.
- Hypnospace Outlaw.
- The Witness.
How much does it cost to make an indie game by yourself?
If I had to answer that question right away, I would say that the production of an independent video game costs, roughly speaking, between $1,000 and $10,000,000, so between one month and six years of development. Obviously, the cost will depend on the size of the project and therefore the development time.
Can you make money with indie games?
It’s possible to make money off of indie games. In Eric Barone’s experience, he worked diligently for four years on the beloved Stardew Valley by himself. “Stardew Valley probably earned about $24 million last year. Steam Spy thinks that it earned $9.2 million in March after it released on February 26.
How much should I make my game cost?
A game development process may take from one month to a few years. You will sum the costs of a development team with rights, devices and software costs, and get the right amount. So, a game can cost you from $500 for a simple version with limited features to $300 mln for an action-adventure video game.