- 1 Where should I release my indie game?
- 2 Where can I release my game for free?
- 3 Should you release a game demo?
- 4 How do indie games get published?
- 5 What is the most successful indie game?
- 6 Do indie developers make money?
- 7 How do I release my game?
- 8 Can I publish my own game?
- 9 How much does it cost to publish a game?
- 10 How long is a demo game?
- 11 How do you make a good game demo?
- 12 How long does Steam demo last?
- 13 Do you need a publisher to sell a game?
- 14 How many copies does the average indie game sell?
- 15 What indie game should I play?
Where should I release my indie game?
5 best platforms to publish your indie game
- Steam. Cost: $100 recoupable publishing fee for each game and the 70/30 revenue split.
- GOG. Cost: Submitting your game on GOG is free, but the revenue split is 70/30.
- Itch.io. Cost: Submission is free and sharing revenue with the platform is optional.
- Gamers Gate.
- Game Jolt.
Where can I release my game for free?
The 5 Best Free Places to Publish Your Game
- ITCH.IO. Itch.io is hands down the best platform available for indie game publishing.
- INDIEGAMESTAND. IndieGameStand is a robust platform to market your game, and is great for strong short term sales if you choose their pay-what-you-want deal.
- ROAST MY GAME.
Should you release a game demo?
We generally recommend waiting until launch, but there are circumstances where putting a demo out prior to release is effective. If, for instance, you feel like customers need to touch the game to really understand it, then a quality demo prior to release can be useful.
How do indie games get published?
Independent (indie) developers. These are game developers that do not depend on any publishers. They self-publish their games via crowdfunding and other means.
What is the most successful indie game?
Minecraft. Markus Alexej Persson, more famously known as Notch, is the creator of Minecraft, the most wildly successfully indie game of all time.
Do indie developers make money?
It’s possible to make money off of indie games. In Eric Barone’s experience, he worked diligently for four years on the beloved Stardew Valley by himself. All while holding down another job and living off of more meager savings. “Stardew Valley probably earned about $24 million last year.
How do I release my game?
If you’re creating a mobile game for Android, you may want to release it onto the Amazon Appstore. 11 Places to Publish & Release Your Indie Game
- Game Jolt.
- Humble Bundle.
- Gamers Gate.
- Game House.
Can I publish my own game?
Self-publishing means you’re in charge of marketing your own game. You’re in charge of user acquisition and getting your game known—while shouldering all the costs. It means all the expenses associated with funding, developing, testing, marketing, and releasing the game are entirely up to you.
How much does it cost to publish a game?
The exact licensing fee varies based on the manufacturer, as well as any deals they may give a publisher, but it can generally be anywhere from $3 to $10 per unit.
How long is a demo game?
A good demo keeps it to the point “I like to keep demos around 10 to 15 minutes, and the demo needs to have a high level of polish,” Van Lepp says. “I recommend having a short tutorial to explain how to play the game and then go into a little bit more complex gameplay.
How do you make a good game demo?
Seven Steps to a Better Game Demo
- Don’t confuse or frustrate the player.
- Don’t make the player wait for the fun.
- Don’t make the trial too short.
- Don’t make the trial too long.
- Intensify the player’s curiosity.
- Work that upsell message.
- Show off your best features.
How long does Steam demo last?
The demo is the first week of the game and in it you only get 2 of the adventurers, your merchant level caps at 10, your money caps at 100,000 and such. Depending on what you do, the demo will probably take around an hour to complete unless you do dungeons which could make it last 2 or 3.
Do you need a publisher to sell a game?
Every game needs a publisher, whether you do it yourself or hire another company for that role. Publishing is a skilled task, a necessary step for any game to find success.
How many copies does the average indie game sell?
Steam game revenue estimates An average indie game makes $3,947 (this is actually median, average is not a good measure as it’s significantly distorted by top earners).
What indie game should I play?
The best indie games are:
- Disco Elysium.
- Among Us.
- Fall Guys.
- Untitled Goose Game.
- Telling Lies.
- Hypnospace Outlaw.
- The Witness.