- 1 Who do I send my press release to?
- 2 Where should I release my indie game?
- 3 How do I contact game journalists?
- 4 How do I get my indie game noticed?
- 5 How do I get a free press release?
- 6 What is the best time to send a press release?
- 7 What is the most successful indie game?
- 8 Do indie developers make money?
- 9 How do you make an indie game successful?
- 10 How do you make a press release game?
- 11 Who is the richest game maker?
- 12 How much does a indie game make?
- 13 How do I advertise my game?
Who do I send my press release to?
In the media, individual journalists have their own specializations (referred to as a “beat”). Instead of sending your press release to the general email address of a news outlet, it is best to address it to the person most interested in whatever subject you’re writing about.
Where should I release my indie game?
5 best platforms to publish your indie game
- Steam. Cost: $100 recoupable publishing fee for each game and the 70/30 revenue split.
- GOG. Cost: Submitting your game on GOG is free, but the revenue split is 70/30.
- Itch.io. Cost: Submission is free and sharing revenue with the platform is optional.
- Gamers Gate.
- Game Jolt.
How do I contact game journalists?
Video Game Journalists: 7 Essential Tips When Contacting Them
- Be respectful and check your spelling.
- Know your audience; video game editors not gamers here.
- Follow your target video game editors on Twitter.
- Customize your e-mail title to video game editors.
- Personalize your message to target video game journalists.
How do I get my indie game noticed?
Here are a few effective ways to get your indie game noticed:
- Join groups, post relevant content in those groups. Participate in #screenshotsaturday.
- Grow your Twitter fanbase. Post often.
- Create a subreddit.
- Make consistent updates about your game.
How do I get a free press release?
What are the best free press release distribution services?
- Newswire Today.
- Online PR Media.
- Press Release Point.
- PR Urgent News.
- Express Press Release.
What is the best time to send a press release?
What time should you send your press release? The best time to send a press release is between 10 am and 2 pm —this is when editors open about one-third of all the emails they’ve received. Early mornings are less effective: open rates drop to 20.5% between 6 and 10 am.
What is the most successful indie game?
Minecraft. Markus Alexej Persson, more famously known as Notch, is the creator of Minecraft, the most wildly successfully indie game of all time.
Do indie developers make money?
It’s possible to make money off of indie games. In Eric Barone’s experience, he worked diligently for four years on the beloved Stardew Valley by himself. All while holding down another job and living off of more meager savings. “Stardew Valley probably earned about $24 million last year.
How do you make an indie game successful?
What makes an indie game successful?
- Graphics & design are a minimum requirement.
- Gameplay & story matters, but only up to a point.
- Top games are better rated.
- Some genres are more successful than others.
- Low prices don’t lead to success.
- Accessibility is important.
- If you’re doing one thing right, make it marketing.
How do you make a press release game?
How to get press releases from video game publishers – Quora. Visit each of their websites and look for a newsroom or press release page. You’ll want to find the PR or media contact info. (If it’s not on the newsroom page, try looking at the bottom of a recent press release.)
Who is the richest game maker?
The Richest Video Game Developers In The World [Updated 2021]
- Valve — $4 Billion.
- King — $5.69 Billion.
- Nintendo — $20.11 Billion.
- Electronic Arts — $22.90 Billion.
- Activision Blizzard — $29.23 Billion.
- Sony Entertainment — $45 Billion.
- Tencent — $48 Billion.
- Microsoft — $1 Trillion.
How much does a indie game make?
An average indie game makes $3,947 (this is actually median, average is not a good measure as it’s significantly distorted by top earners). Over 2/3 of the games don’t cross $10,000 in life time earnings. However, the top 1/3 of the indie games are doing pretty well.
How do I advertise my game?
10 tips to help you promote your Android game in 2021
- Send your game to several publishers.
- Beta ready and soft launch.
- Work on your ASO.
- Send your game to several stores.
- Run paid campaigns in social media: Facebook, Instagram, Messenger…
- Google Ads Universal App Campaigns (UAC)
- Display Network Ads.